Chapter 34

When Jin arrived at the hospital, he felt tired out of nowhere and he was stretching while walking on his way to their quarters to change. He closed his eyes while moving his head side to side, but suddenly opened his eyes when he bumped to someone.

"S-sorry." He said bowing to the person.

"It's okay, Dr. Kim." The person said and when Jin looked, he saw Jungkook staring at him.

"Oh, Dr. Jeon. Sorry." He said again with a blush on his face.

"I'm not hurt, Jin. Stop saying sorry." Jungkook said smiling at him.

For the first time, Jin felt his heart melting by the smile that Jungkook just gave. It's the first time that Jin saw that smile for a while and he suddenly feels...home.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook asked.

Jin was suddenly woken up by the question.

"Ah, y-yes."

"You don't look okay. You actually look pale." Jungkook asked again.

"I just feel tired." Jin said. "I'll just drink something and I should be fine. Might be the weather since it's autumn." Jin said.

"I see. I'll see you later then, Dr. Kim." Jungkook said then left.

Jin felt empty when Jungkook left, as if he wanted something more than that simple conversation but Jungkook did not say more and just left. He felt warmth in his smile earlier but he felt a certain kind of chill when he left.

Jin sighed and wnet to the quarters to change before going to the emergency room.

After changing, Jin thought he should go to the pharmacy to buy medicine. He was about to leave when a knock was heard. Since he is alone, he decided to open it and was surprised to see Yugyeom.

"Hello, Dr. Kim. How are you?" He said with a smile.

"Nurse Kim, I'm doing fine. Thank you for checking. How can I help you?" Jin asked, still confused why the nurse is here.

"I brought you these." He said, giving a brown bag to him. "A certain doctor said you need these but was too shy to approach you." He said in a whisper.

Jin looked inside and saw medicines.

"D-did J-Jungkook g-give these?" Jin asked.

Instead of answering, Yugyeom winked at him. "I'll be going now. I hope you'll feel better, Dr. Kim." He said before leaving.

"T-thank you." Jin said feeling a blush creep in to his face.

He looked at the bag again and felt giddy inside.

"D-did he really give these?" He asked himself.

"Jin!" Someone shouted and Jin looked at the direction.

"Yes, Sangyeob?" He asked seeing his friend on his way to the quarters. "Are you done with your shift?"

"Not yet. I was asked to do double shift today. You look sick, are you okay?" Sangyeob asked.

"You're the second person to ask and the answer is yes. I am okay. Probably just under the weather since it's almost summer." Jin said.

"Oh, you already bought medicine?"

"Y-yeah."

"That's good. Uhm... by the way, Jin, I have to tell you something."

"Hm?" Jin asked, feeling nervous with the sudden seriousness of Sangyeob.

"Promise me you won't get mad." He said before confessing anything.

Jin's brows furrowed, not really sure what is happening.