Chapter 17

It was quickly apparent the spell had worked. Instead of falling to my death, I was standing in a building of very different construction than the tower I had just left. I did not have time to relish in my success I needed to put distance between myself and Oliver.

I navigated from the back room of the dwelling and out onto a dirt path. I had once again moved backward in time in the otherworld. One look around made that clear. Not only was the road made of dirt but the buildings I could see around me were clearly Old-Colonial-Style. Not what the people of the nineteen-hundreds had interpreted but much older. Which would be appropriate for the seventeen-hundreds.

Everywhere I looked two-story rectangular homes abound. I needed to find a hiding place to gather my thoughts. According to my mother, he would be coming for me soon.

I walked for a while trying to clear my head. I needed to devise a plan to locate my mother so we could save the otherworld and the island. Who was I kidding? I am not a strategist. I do not even know who my adversary is or why he is doing this. I need to speak with someone good at planning. I need to contact the witches on Willow Island.

With that realization, I ducked into the next building with an open door. While searching the building for inhabitants I came across a quaint little room that was designed to pay homage to the goddess. "This room is perfect," I told myself and began setting up my spell circle.

It was a quick process. This room provided much of what I needed and what was not here I had brought with me. Now all that was left was the spell. I sat for a moment reworking the spells I already knew and then began casting.

My spell is successful; however, I do not recognize the witch who is sitting at the altar on Willow Island.

"Hello," I say to the witch within the circle.

The witch promptly looks up from the altar to see me through the breech I have created between the otherworld and the mortal plane. "You must be Luna," she says. "My name is Eudora. I am a divination witch who practices here on Willow Island."

"I need to speak with John."

Eudora turns her head to the side and says, "Alert John that Luna is here."

Eudora turns her head back to face me. "We have been waiting patiently for you to contact us. Your mother contacted the witch who stood at this altar a few hours ago. She asked that if you contacted us we help you in any way we can. She also gave us some information to pass on to you."

"Help is why I contacted you but what information do you have?"

"John will relay that message."

"On to how I may be able to help. As I said in my introduction I am a divination witch. That means I use what is available to me to get a glimpse of the future."

"You can do that?"

"Yes. What I see or feel is not like watching a movie, however. It is more like viewing bits and pieces of a trailer for a movie. Then I have to interpret what I discovered to determine the possible outcomes."

"Okay. So why would my mother ask you to help me? I am not exactly available."

"It is true. I would need you here in person to perform a palm reading session or to conduct a tassology reading. However, I can tell you what I saw and felt when I meditated on your plight. I would also like to perform a reading using my oracle cards and attempt some pendulum work. I am not sure how much help my pendulum will be though. It depends on how clear of a picture you have of your surroundings."

"That sounds time-consuming. I do not have a lot of time. I need to find my mother. I contacted you because I need to create a plan for doing that and I need some help."