Chapter 20

Catherine finished explaining what it would take for us to save Willow Island and then we said our goodbyes to our ancestors and proceeded to the time-period in which I first arrived. Here is where we would perform the spell that the witches of Willow Island had prepared for us. It was time to open a door on this plane of existence that would return us to our rightful place on Willow Island.

"Are you ready, Luna?"

"Beyond ready Mom. Let's go home."

We started by creating our circle so that we could contact the witches on Willow Island. To be successful, we would need their help.

"Here we go, mom. With the circle complete there is nothing left to do but invite the elements in so we can contact our fellow witches in our world."

"Let's do this together as we have done the rest of the spell circle work today."

"I agree, mom."

My mother took my left hand in her right hand and we walked to the yellow candle that sat on the floor in the east. We knelt beside the candle so she could light it. She then began speaking. "I call to the element of air. Please join us in this circle. We need you to carry us from this world back to our own." A breeze blew through our hair and we knew air had answered our call.

With a smile on our faces, we headed towards the red candle in the south while still walking hand in hand. This time I lit the candle and spoke. "I call upon you the element of fire. Please protect us as we embark on this perilous journey. We ask you to protect this space within our circle so that nothing can prevent us from leaving the otherworld and returning home." My face felt flush and then it was gone. Fire had answered our call.

We moved to the west next. My mother lit the blue candle and spoke this time. Which seemed very appropriate since it was time to invite water to our circle. "Water my dear friend I invite you to our circle. You have always guided me and provided me with the strength I need to achieve my goals. I have never needed your strength more than now. Please lend us your power so that we can walk among the living again." The smell of salt water permeated our circle. My mother continued, "Thank you for heading my call."

Last we walked to the northernmost point of our circle to light the green candle and call Earth to join us. "Mother Earth I call to you. We are in desperate need of your strength. We have been trapped in the otherworld for far too long and need to return to your bosom. Please hear us and lend us your mighty strength so that we can live in harmony with you once more." The smell of grass was everywhere and then gone in a flash.

Mom and I smiled at each other and then raised our interlocked hands. Together we said, "Thank you air, fire, water, and earth for joining our circle."

Now it was time to contact Willow Island. Together we kneeled in front of the altar and began to chant. "Please allow us to communicate with the witches within the circle on Willow Island." After repeating this message several times John began to materialize. We waited until he was fully visible to begin speaking.

"John."

"Helene. Thank the goddess you are safe."

"We are safe John but we need to come home. Is the spell ready?"

"Nearly there, Helene. We have been working all night to be ready."

In the background, I could see several witches moving about placing ingredients in their proper places.

"How are you, Luna?"

"I am fine. I will be better when I get back to the island though."

John chuckled softly. "Agreed. We will all be better when you both have returned to us."