Ball

The ball was just about to begin, and the hall was bursting with people who were waiting for it to start, but Simon's Land was nowhere to be found. Wilbur hesitated for a moment, wondering if they had shot him and would not come, or if they were here but he just didn't know it.

He made his way through the crowds towards the place where the ball was officially supposed to start, which was the only reason they were waiting, so they could then disperse into several other rooms and not have to squeeze in this one room.

"And if there are no further questions..." said the president, scanning the entire room to see if anyone would say something. "The ball can officially begin!" exclaimed the brunette enthusiastically, raising his glass of wine.

The whole hall erupted in excited laughter, and then people began to disperse, laugh, and chat among themselves.

But Wilbur was looking for the visitor, whom he eventually found after several minutes of uninterrupted searching; a new emotion filled his mind. His son was, in fact, in close proximity to a literal model.

She had a narrow waist and fuller curves, golden long hair with a hint of curls, and she wore red dresses with white sleeves and gloves. Everything about her was worthy of a queen of a wealthy land. This ball was full of beautiful women in the most gorgeous dresses, but this girl was like a white rose among red ones. She was like a queen, and he hadn't even seen her from the front.

He didn't know why, but a protective instinct awakened in him, telling him that his son was in danger and he had a feeling that it emanated from that woman. A paternal instinct awakened in him, telling him to immediately drive that woman away from him.

"Excuse me?" he approached his son and the woman, who, when she looked at him, took his breath away.

So, let's summarize. A beautiful woman with a figure every woman would envy, blond to golden hair, blue eyes like forget-me-nots, red dresses with white sleeves and gloves. On her face THAT smile and in her eyes a strange spark of hope, joy, and laughter that didn't seem to have faded for a long time.

"Sir," she said and bowed gently. Her voice sounded very familiar. Her bow was very noble, and it looked as if she came from a truly noble family that valued etiquette, nobility, and beauty.

"I apologize for interrupting what is surely a pleasant moment with my son, but I urgently need to speak with you, if I may," said the president with all the courtesy he found in his soul. It was clear that his son got along with this young lady, and therefore he must not quarrel with her or even become enemies.

"I am yours, sir," the girl smiled kindly and followed the president into a corner, leaving the fox boy alone. It was rude, but this was much more important.

"So, where is Tommy?" said as soon as they got away from everyone. What a coincidence that they were in the gardens. At the place where Tommy was last seen, or the man who looked like the girl standing in front of Wilbur.

"Finally someone recognizes me. Do you know how uncomfortable these dresses are? I don't understand how anyone can wear them," the girl said disgustedly and adjusted her dress to avoid revealing anything she didn't want to.

"That doesn't answer my question. Where is my little brother, and what are you doing here, and preferably what is your relationship to him?" he asked and watched as the girl thought about what she could say.

"Your brother, or rather my father, is here under the pretext of reclaiming his lost reputation. He's here to take two lives." She answered with a completely different tone of voice, a different expression, and as if someone else had become her. "He's here for dad and one of you." She said, and at that moment her beautiful blue eyes turned into elementally green, her dresses turned into armor, and her mind smile turned into a second smile. A smile worthy of a maniac.