━━━★ chapter one: The Belly of the Snake

»»————-  ————-««

➴CODMWII 2022➴chapter one: ➴the belly of the snake

CODMWII 2022
chapter one:
the belly of the snake

votes & comments are appreciated!!!

»»————-  ————-««

SAMANTHA ANNE SHEPHERD believes she had seen the worst the world had offered. Death, corruption, terrorism. Finding it hard to turn a blind eye when it involved her line of work. Then here she stood before her two beautiful daughters. Her beacons of hope in a world of such disgust and disarray. She watched as the two girls poured the dry ingredients into the large pink bowl, smiles from ear to ear and laughter between the two twins. 

She listened out to the sound of an engine stopping in a driveway. The twins raced out the door the moment they heard their mother announced who arrived at their home. Samantha's  eyes followed the twins' footsteps as they trailed down the steep driveway. The older lady embracing the two young girls into her near fragile arms.

"Samantha"

"Mom" she said quietly, continuing to hold the door open as her father made his way in and greeted her.

It was an unusual occurrence to have her father show up on a random weekday when she knew he would much rather be buried in work in his office. While Elizabeth entertained her granddaughters in the family room, the father and daughter moved into the kitchen in silence.

Herschel knew what that silence had meant. He had been around it long enough to know what she was trying to do.

"Oh, don't do that" he broke the void of quiet. "You're trying to read me" Sam didn't know how much she could rely on her little method, but she had been right on many occasions. He sat back in the seat and watched his daughter. "Your brother died doing something good, Sam" he started. Sam rolled her eyes in response and let out a sigh of frustration. "Fighting for a country".

"As I've been told" the brunette said, bringing her coffee mug to her lips. "Look where that got him" her shoulders lifted. "He's six feet under". 

Herschel was quick to defend his deceased son. It had always been like that, Sam just knew how to zone out of the situation better now. "And what kind of guy gets you pregnant at the height of your career?" he asked. The youngest Shepherd continued to sip on her coffee as her father ravaged. "Only a asshole like-"

"Dad"

"I want to transfer you to a new unit"

"I don't want to talk about that here" She remembered her mother and fathers rules. Nobody ever brought their work home with them