━━━★ chapter three: City of Souls

»»————-————-«« 

➴CODMWII 2022➴chapter three:➴city of souls

CODMWII 2022
chapter three:
city of souls

votes & comments are appreciated!!!

»»————-————-«« 

AFTER A WELL NEEDED SHOWER AND REST , Samantha found herself seated on the bed inside the Shadow Company. She wore a black tank top which revealed the large snake tattoo that graced her shoulder and led onto her back. She remembered just how upset her mother was when she returned with the art when she was just eighteen. Herschel had approved of the tattoo many months before her appointments despite being very much against it, Sam showed and bragged about it to her father who she thought was on her side. Fights and arguments erupted from the mother and daughter everyday, even if they were the smallest comments and side glances, her father never once defended her. Yet there was one person who loved the ink, Taylor. Sam didn't want to live a life where she fought with her mother. Trying to put herself in Elizabeth's shoes now that she was a mother.

The ringing of her phone pulled her from her mind as she tied her short hair into a small ponytail. Not expecting any other calls for the time being seen as she had already spoken with her mother and the twins. "Now wouldn't be the time for 'those kinds' of phone calls, Philip" she spoke into the phone. She could nearly hear the smirk that had came onto his lips.

"How are you adjusting to the new group?" he asked.

Then the woman felt like her teenage self again. She laid back on her bed as she held the phone to her and spoke to her lover. The room may have not resembled her girlhood bedroom but the feelings were still there, the flutters in her stomach. The new group was...new as she put it. The lieutenant was as quiet and cold as ever with her. Samantha knew she didn't have the nicest reputations in some fields, he could've heard something. Maybe he didn't trust her, maybe her simply didn't like her. She spent letting her mind jump to those kinds of conclusions, reminding herself to not affect her mind on the field.

"Why do you ask?"

"Just checking in on you, baby" the endearments.

"I've worked with men before" she smirked, the cunning gears in her mind shifted. "Unless..." she paused rising from her small bed. "There's something else you're worried about" her voice trailed off into a whisper towards the end. She was met with silence and a heavy breath on the other line.

"And why would I be worried?" Graves' questioned her.

Sam cleared her throat gently. "Well, I am surrounded by a couple dozen men and the guys on the task force..." she let out a sigh of pleasure as she rolled on the bed. Sam admired a lot of things about her lover. He stuck by her during her intense pregnancy with their twins. Hailed her beauty at every moment. Practically worshipped the woman as though she was a living Greek god but most of all - he trusted her.