01. Earth

Who could have thought me, a young innocent little girl could end up in a cell for murder

Who could have thought me, a young innocent little girl could end up in a cell for murder. I didn't really want to, but it was the only way I could think of to be free.

I shouldn't have pulled the trigger, then the guards wouldn't have ran running into the room. They pulled me away and dragged me to a cell. I wanted to run away and hide but I couldn't. They put me in the cell and locked me in there. All I wanted to do was cry, but nothing happened. It felt like I was in that cell forever, I drew marks for how many days I spent in that thing. I drew, and drew and drew till there was nothing to draw on. All I wanted in that moment was my mom, all I could remember of her before she got floated was when she sang a melody so I could fall asleep. My dad? Let's just say he wasn't very nice, and that was the reason I shot him.

I wondered if it was worth it, it was. Now there was no screaming, no yelling, no hurting. I always wondered what would've happened if I hadn't done that. I just wish I could've hugged my mom one last time. I needed too.

I felt as if it's been two years, probably because it has. One day, I heard walking towards my room and a guard opened the door. The guards came in and said

"Prisoner 138, face the wall".

I didn't know what to do at that moment so I did what they told me. The guard had a miniature box, as he opened it the guard said,

"Hold out your right arm"

I did and they opened the box and it had a bracelet, a metal one. The guard grabbed my arm and put it on me, they grabbed me by the arms and took me out of the cell.

I saw the other prisoners being taken out and being taken to a room, where all the other prisoners had to climb a ladder to get up to. As we all walked in a single file line I noticed a girl who was passed out and being taken into the room. As I climbed the ladder, I wondered why we were all here? I mean we weren't allowed to ask any questions, what were we all doing here? Did it have to do with our earth skill classes?

I climbed up and saw seats, I decided to sit next to a girl with brown hair, her name was, I think Octavia? That didn't matter right now. When everyone was done putting their seatbelts on, the whole room shook. When it stopped something played on the wall. Of course it was the Chancellor.

"Prisoners of The Ark, hear me now. You've been given a second chance, and as your Chancellor, it is my hope that you see this as not just a chance for you, but a chance for all of us, indeed for mankind itself. We have no idea what is waiting for you down there. If the odds of survival were better, we would've sent others. Frankly, we're sending you because your crimes have made you expendable-"

He got cut off by some random kid

"Your dad's a dick, Wells." He said to the Chancellors son.

Even though he was right, I decided to hear what he was saying because to me it didn't make sense why he was sending, out of everyone, us.

"The drop site has been chosen carefully. Before the last war, Mount Weather was a military base built within a mountain. It was to be stocked with enough non-perishables to sustain 300 people for up to two years. No one ever made it there. Because we spare you no food, or water, or medicine, I cannot stress strongly enough, that Mount Weather is life."

Just when I actually started to listen some guy who I believed was called, Finn started to unbuckle his seat and float in the air. Some people were cheering, including Octavia, the girl sitting next to me.

"I don't think you guys should be cheering." I said out loud.

"nobody was talking to you, little girl." Some guy said, it was John Murphy.

I rolled my eyes and looked away.
I saw that while Finn was floating he was talking to a girl and a boy, the same girl who was passed out when we all arrived in here. I think her name was Clarke?

I just ignored them and kept listening to the Chancellor.

"You must locate those supplies immediately.
If, however, you do survive, those crimes will be forgiven, your records wiped clean. Your one responsibility is stay alive."

As Finn was flying in the air two stupid idiots tried to unbuckle as well, but when they unbuckled the ship landed and they flew to the side. They both either got injured, or worse. Finn was probably dead, honestly I didn't care. When the ship landed everyone unbuckled, including me. I saw Finn sitting next to the two idiots who died. I saw everyone trying to get outside and I wanted to get outside too. I saw a guard. Wow. Another guard. Great.

"Just back it up guys!"  the guard said

But as soon as he said that Clarke yelled and said

"Stop!"

As she walked up closer to the guard she said

"The air could be toxic."

"If the air is toxic, we're all dead, anyway."

Before he opened the door Octavia called out and said

"Bellamy?"

Everyone started whispering and muttering saying 'That's the girl they hid under the floor" Wait.. The girl who hid under the floor? That was her and her brother?

"My God, look how big you are"

As soon as he said that Octavia hugged him.
As she let go she said

"What the hell are you wearing, a guard's uniform?"

"I borrowed it to get on the drop ship, someone's got to keep an eye on you."

So he isn't a guard?

When they were about to hug again but Clarke started talking again

"Where's your wristband?"

"Do you mind? I haven't seen my brother in a year."

So it is true. She is the girl they found hidden in the floor and that was her brother. Once she said that people started muttering and whispering again saying

"No one has a brother." and "That's Octavia Blake, the girl they found hidden in the floor."

Once people said that she tried to attack them but Bellamy held her back saying

"Octavia, Octavia, no. Let's give them something else to remember you by"

"Yeah? Like what?"

"Like being the first person on the ground in a hundred years."

She smiled when he said that, he opened the door with the lever and air flew in. We landed in the forest. Octavia slowly took steps one by one and jumped off, she started walking slowly and stopped. She threw her hands in the air and yelled

"We're back bitches!"

When she had said that everyone ran out and some people were exploring I guess? I saw Clarke walking away from the dropship and I started following her, Finn also started following her but I was a few steps behind him. He didn't even notice. He started walking up to her and talking to her as she was looking at the mountain while I was hiding in a bush. I couldn't make out what they were saying but I heard them talking about Mount Weather, the only sentence I could make out was

"They dropped us on the wrong damn mountain."

Author's Note- this is the first book I'm trying to make so if I make mistakes try to let me know💕

word count: 1307