02. Grounders

Once I saw Clarke and Finn walking back to camp I followed them, but I felt as if something

Once I saw Clarke and Finn walking back to camp I followed them, but I felt as if something... or someone was watching me. I shook it off and walked back to the dropship. When I arrived at the dropship I saw Clarke and Wells talking with everyone about who is going to Mount Weather.

"I got a better idea. You two go, find it for us. Let the privileged do the hard work for a change." Bellamy said.

They must've been talking about Clarke and Wells. Everyone was agreeing with him.

"Look at this, everybody... The Chancellor of Earth." Murphy joked as he pushed Wells.

"That's not funny." I said out loud to him.

When I had said that I regretted it immediately. Murphy pushed Wells to the ground. Clarke tried to help him but got held back by the others.

"No, but that was."

As they both got in a fighting stance, Finn came down from the side of the dropship.

"Kid's got one leg. How about you wait until it's a fair fight?"

I mean Finn was right.

As Murphy backed off,  Octavia came walking up to him.

"Hey, spacewalker, rescue me next."

We were probably going to die soon and Octavia was flirting with Finn. As much as I hate to admit, Octavia is pretty dumb.

I saw Octavia argue with Bellamy about hell knows what. I saw Clarke check on Wells' leg when Finn walked up to both of them. I was close enough to hear what they were saying.

"So Mount Weather. When do we leave?" Finn asked them

"Right now. We'll be back tomorrow with food."

"How are the two of you gonna carry enough food for a hundred?" Wells argued

I thought ninety-eight, not a hundred.

Finn grabbed Monty and Jasper by the shoulder.

"Four of us. Can we go now?"

"Sounds like a party. Make it five." Octavia said

"Hey, what the hell are you doing?" Bellamy protested but he got cut off by Clarke talking to Finn.

"Hey, were you trying to take this off?"

"Yeah. So?"

"So this wristband transmits your vital signs to The Ark. Take it off, and they'll think you're dead."

"Should I care?"

"Well, I don't know. Do you want the people you love to think you're dead? Do you want them to follow you down here in two months? Because they won't if they think we're dying."

I didn't have anyone that cared for me on The Ark, I thought. Why shouldn't I just take it off?

"Okay. Let's go." Clarke said.