04. Death Fog

Instead of falling asleep in the dropship I fell asleep outside in the forest next to a tree

Instead of falling asleep in the dropship I fell asleep outside in the forest next to a tree. The only reason I slept outside was because Jasper wouldn't shut up. When I woke up I went back to the dropship just to hear Jasper moaning and still unconscious. When I climbed the ladder Jasper started to scream. When I got to the top I could hear Clarke talking.

"Hold him still. I need to cut away the infected flesh."

"What's going on?" I said but before anyone could answer Octavia came in saying

"Stop it! You're killing him."

"She's trying to save his life." Finn said.

I looked over and saw Bellamy coming in and saying

"She can't."

Wells stood up in front of him

"Back off."

"We didn't drag him through miles of woods just to let him die." Clarke said.

"Kid's a goner. If you can't see that, you're deluded. He's making people crazy."

"Sorry if Jasper's an inconvenience to you, but this isn't the Ark. Down here, every life matters."

"Take a look at him. He's a lost cause."

I looked at Bellamy and said

"Let it go."

He ignored me.

"Octavia, I've spent my whole life watching my mother heal people. If I say there's hope, there's hope." Clarke said to Octavia.

"This isn't about hope, it's about guts. You don't have the guts to make the hard choices. I do. He's been like this for three days. If he's not better by tomorrow, I'll kill him myself."

When Bellamy turned to leave he said something to Octavia.

"Octavia, let's go."

"I'm staying here."

When she said that Bellamy left.

"Power-hungry, self-serving jackass. He doesn't care about anyone but himself" Monty said before he turned to Octavia.

"No offense."

"Yeah. Bellamy is all that. But he also happens to be right."

Me and Clarke looked at him confused.