05. a unknown murder

When I woke up in the morning, I heard that Wells had died

When I woke up in the morning, I heard that Wells had died. The grounders killed him. They found him with two of his fingers cut off and and his neck stabbed. When Clarke found out I couldn't see the look on her face. She looked so sad even though a few days ago she hated him. Clarke and Finn were standing next to where they buried Wells while I was inside the dropship with Monty. Monty had opened Clarke's wristband up to try and connect the Ark.

"Yes! I did it. It's still operational." Monty said while holding the wristband with the blinking lights still on.

Finn had been looking at Clarke with a side eye before Clarke noticed him.

"What? Monty needed a working wristband."

"And you needed to punish your mother."

"Look, they're running out of air, and we need their help. My mother thinking I'm dead is only temporary."

I'm so confused. What did Finn mean by her punishing her mother? I don't get it.

"Not if I can't patch it through the dropship mainframe." Monty said before looking back at Clarke and Finn.

"I can do it. We'll be talking to The Ark by nightfall."

Right after that Clarke walked out with Finn following and then me following them. Not long before she was getting called for a 'meeting' inside the tent. I didn't think it really mattered so I kinda just sat outside the dropship while everyone was working. I just needed a break from everything, till I saw John Murphy looking at me dead in the eyes. That was my cue to get to working. Then I saw Clarke walking out the tent walking up to Murphy then pushing him so hard he almost fell.

"You son of a b¡tch!"

He laughed it off before saying

"What's your problem?"

"Recognize this?"

She held a knife with initials carved on it saying J.M. For John Murphy.

"It's my knife. Where'd you find it?" He said reaching out for it before Clarke pulled it away.

"Where you dropped it after you killed Wells."

"Where I what? The Grounders killed Wells, not me." He looked confused with what Clarke was saying.

"I know what you did, and you're gonna pay for it."

"Really?" He said before looking at Bellamy.

"Bellamy, you really believe this crap?"

Bellamy didn't say anything but then Clarke responded instead.

"You threatened to kill him. We all heard you. You hated Wells."

"Plenty of people hated Wells. His father was the Chancellor that locked us up."

"Yeah, but you're the only one who got in a knife fight with him."