✩ | prologue

" If you could ask God one question, what would it be? "

Why not me?

☄. *. ⋆

Beneath my feet, a flower.
His petals almost unnoticeable.
It looks fragile, the rain almost breaking it's wings as it poured roughly.
I cover it with my hands, shielding it from the catastrophe.
The drops that caressed him slowly drying as the color of whiteness appeared.
It looked flawless again, untouched by the nature.
It avoided death and stood straight under my hands.
A skeleton flower.

Minho was stubborn.
He could do no wrong. He's always right, even when the excuse that trailed behind him was stupid.
Maybe that's why mother kept saying he's the copy of our father.

I thought he never cared about me,
that he tolerates me only because we're connected by blood.

But he did.
He always cared.
The most.
I just never noticed that.

I guess I was just too young to understand.

That winter, in the late November a strange man approached Minho.

I remember sitting on the chair by the heater as I munched on a chocolate bar looking at my parents who were busy talking with the man.

Minho looked uninterested.

Like he always does, so that wasn't surprising.

I forgot about the weird man as soon as dad came up to me.

" Let's go to the top again. "

I left the half eaten chocolate on the table, rushing to get the skis back on my feet.

Today is Sunday.
Which meant that our parents had a free day to spend it with us, so we're at the skiing center.

The snow was heavy on my small feet but I never complained.

I mean, how could I?

I loved the snow.
I loved winter.

Mostly, I loved December.

Minho and I will celebrate our birthday soon and parents believed that we are a miracle born on the same month, only two years apart.

He's older. But born on the 9th.
I'm younger. Born on the 2nd.

I loved joking about the fact that my birthday is coming sooner than his.

Even tho seven days apart really sounded like nothing.

In the very beginning of December, I saw that strange man again.

He came to our house and talked long with the father in the living room.

I didn't understand why and wondered if Minho got in trouble.

Until my mother told me he was casted as an idol trainee, for SM Entertainment.

Now picture how stubborn Minho is after what I've just told you.

He refused the offer from the man to become a trainee that day at the skiing center!

How stupid can you be?!

He never took anything seriously.
Even his future.

Imagine becoming an idol.
A celebrity.
And he refused the offer like it mattered nothing.

There are people out there who would actually die to have that privilege.

Once he was officially signed as a SM trainee, he started leaving the house at 7 in the morning for school and would come back around 6 in the afternoon.

I wondered how was it like there.

Did he meet someone famous already?
Like Super Junior?

Can you believe that they just debuted?

Will Minho also debut?

I had so many questions that day, but none of those were asked out loud.

I rarely saw him at home.

In the first few weeks, he was exhausted and I started worrying about his health.

But soon after, like something inside of him switched.

He woke up every morning with a huge smile on his face and would come back home with the same grin.

I think he started to like this.

And even so I started to like more of a free space I had now that he wasn't around.

Two years quickly passed by since that day.

For how long will he have to be a trainee to debut?

What if he never does?

Will all of this be a waste?

In those two years of my life, Minho wasn't even home at all.

He almost failed in all of his classes at school since he wasn't home to study.

Now he wasn't coming back home by 6pm. He would stay out longer and I started thinking he got himself a girlfriend?

That was until I realized he actually found some quality friends to go out with.

He never talked much about who are they but I think that our parents somehow knew about them.

I never cared really.

Those people who actually are able to befriend Minho are probably as stubborn as he is.

How could anyone pull up with that temper of his?

That was all a fairytale to me until Minho's 16 birthday as the news of the soon-to-be-a-kpop-idol spread faster than ever in our family.

His friends actually existed!

And they are in fact, debuting as a group.