✩ | snowflakes

✩ | CHAPTER 5

" Snowflakes are kisses from heaven. "

✩

☄. *. ⋆ 14TH OF DECEMBER 2008. ☄. *. ⋆

At midnight we surprised Jinki with a birthday cake.

He wasn't expecting it at all and he even teared up when he saw Minho bringing out the cake.

It was 2 in the morning already and we were all gathered in the living room.

Taemin was fast asleep on the couch with Kibum, Minho was munching on the leftover cake as Jinki and Jonghyun were having a conversation I found hard listening to since my eyes were slowly closing themselves.

It felt so unreal to see Jonghyun widely smiling and jumping around Jinki when the midnight arrived knowing that he was sad not long ago.

I carefully watched his every move and he showed no signs of sadness when he was with others.

Everytime I cried, mom was there to comfort me. She would buy me my favorite chocolate and I would instantly feel happy.

Maybe Jonghyun was happy because of the bunny plushie I gave him.

The thought of me successfully comforting him made me smile.

Was it really because of me that he smiled now?

" Chae, are you sleepy? " - Jinki questioned me, seeing my head almost falling from my shoulders.

I nodded, yawning.

I still would have to wake up for school in the morning.

Jonghyun stood up from the floor where he was seated and went to grab a spare pillow and blankets for me.

" Jinki oppa, why haven't you told me your birthday is also in December like mine? "

He gave me a soft smile. " I don't really like my birthday that much. It's just a normal day like any other. "

I nodded.

I always thought that my birthday is a special day and I liked the feeling of people congratulating me.

Minho yawned before standing up. " I'm going to the bed. "

" Wake Taemin and Kibum up. " - Jinki said.

Minho gently shook Taemin, before punching Kibum's shoulder harshly.