Chapter Nine

(JJ)

"20 bucks?" I asked, looking at John B and Pope.

"20 bucks." John B assured me. Pope threw his hands up, "Nope. I'm not apart of this." He said, making us laugh.

I got on my motorcycle and looked at the dirt track ahead of me. There were tall hills and rough turnings, according to John B only 15 people managed to get through it with their helmets on.

The dare was to get through it without it. And 20 bucks was 20 bucks. Fuck, Kie was going to kill me. I revved my engine and sped off.

"Wait! Did I mention there was also a deep curve?!"

Long story short, I was halfway through it when I messed up on the curve John B forgot to mention.

Kiara was pissed but I got my 20 dollars so it was a win in my book. Currently, I was driving back home from the hospital, and Kiara was giving me the silent treatment.

"Baby." I said, reaching out to where she was sitting on the passenger seat. She slapped my hand away, and I just scoffed.

"You're still mad at me?-" I began but she cut me off, "Yes, I'm still mad at you! You ruined Sarahs night, like how stupid do you have to be to ride your motorcycle without a damn helmet, Jj?" She yelled at me.

"I'll take that as a 'yes'." I joked. "This isn't funny, Jj. Quit being an ass for once." She spat. I looked out the window, "Besides, how important was this 'get together' Sarah just had to do it today?" I asked.

"Like you care. Now she has to wait even longer to plan it again." "Oh, I'll dwell on it, Kiara." I joked, focusing back on the road.

I got another lecture from Ward and Rose when I got back but I couldn't give anymore flying fucks about what they had to say.

It was 7 and we were all seated, eating dinner. Kiara sat in between Wheezie and Rose, leaving me stuck with Rafe and Ward.

"So, I made all the invitation's for your welcome back party-" Rose started but I cut her off. "Not right now, Rose." I said. "Well, whether you want to hear about it or not, you're still having one." She snapped at me.

"Sounds perfect, honey. Who all did you invite?" Ward joined. "Well let's see... basically the whole island." She said. I set my fork down, "We are not inviting the whole damn island, Rose."

"I think it's perfect." I heard Kiara say, I looked at her and we locked eyes. "In fact, I think you should invite my parents and some of Charleston, just to have no one feeling out." She taunted.

I heard Wheezie snort and Rafe clear his throat.
"Well I do not see the problem." Rose said. "Of course not, I'll run down to the printers tomorrow morning to get the invitations sorted out." Ward informed, getting up.

"It should be a great party, alas." Rose said and I clenched my jaw.

Kiara was in for a long night.