Chapter Seventeen

(Gen)

"Scared!"

"A bird!"

"Vomit!"

There were scattered yelling among the living room, as the Cameron family played Guess The Emoji. They were all divided into 2 groups equally. Jj, Ward, and Wheezie in one team and Rafe, Rose, and Kiara on the other.

"Time!" Rose yelled, making Wheezie throw her hands up. "It was Confused!" She said, sitting back down.

"Kiara, it's your turn." Rose told her, and she got up, grabbing a card. "Ready when you are." She said. "Alright, let's do this." She told Rose. "And start!"

Kiara acted like she was painting her nails, and letting them dry.

"Painting your nails!" Rafe said. "Yes!" She responded getting another card. She pretended to fly and spread her arms out.

"Bird!" Rafe yelled. She shook her head, "Ostrich?" He attempted again and still didn't get it. "Oh! Is it an Eagle?" He asked. "Correct!" She jumped, grabbing her third card.

This time she sat and acted like she was flipping through some pages.

"Going through papers?" Rose asked, Kiara shook her head. "Reading a book?" Rafe asked, again. "Yes!" She cheered and got up grabbing another card.

She made her hands fan her body, and twirled. "A fairy!" Rose guessed, but got it wrong. "Uhh, are you dancing?" Rafe asked, but also got it wrong. "Wait, are you wearing a dress?" He guessed. "Right!" She said.

"Time!" Ward said, and Kiara high-fived Rose and Rafe. "You guys won again." Jj said, looking at the scoreboard. "Yes!" Rose cheered. "Another round?" Wheezie asked, sorting all the cards. "Sorry, honey. It's getting late." Rose said, looking at the time.

"Just one more?" She begged. "Wheeze, you heard your mom." Ward told her. "Fine." She said, heading to her room. "Good night." Rose told them all, getting up from the couch, Ward following her to their room. "Night." Jj said. "Good night." Kiara responded. "Good game, Kie." Rafe told her, getting up too. She smiled, "Yeah, you too." "Alright, ima head to bed, sleep good." He said. "Appreciate it, Rafe." Jj joined. Rafe just chuckled and left.

He was pissed, but he didn't really have the energy for arguing, so he got up. "Let's head to bed." He said to Kiara, not waiting for her to get up as he was already heading upstairs. He opened the door, and went in the bathroom, grabbing his toothbrush.

"Hey, are you okay?" She asked, going in the bathroom too. "Fine." He replied. "I just... I feel like you're mad." She said, carefully. "I'm fine, Kie." He repeated. "Just making sure." She told him before getting out.

She changed into one of his shirts, taking off her pants, and throwing it in the laundry basket. She got into the bed, making herself comfortable in the sheets.

It didn't take a genius to know that Jj was in fact mad, but she didn't really think into what could have gotten him into that mood, because everything got him pissed.

Like everything little thing.

But she still loved him, I mean they were practically stuck together. Something that she couldn't wrap her finger around was why Jj and Rafe had so much beef. They were siblings and they treated each other like their biggest enemy.

She felt him get into bed, and felt the familiar feeling of his arms wrap around her. Which was funny, because usually this was where all her overthinking and thoughts that kept her up at night went away, when she was in his arms but they didn't.

Maybe she did still have alcohol in her system from that party two days ago.