Chapter Fifteen

(Kie)

"The birthday theme?" Rose asked, as we were going over some decorations for the party.

"Blue, Jjs favorite color." I responded. "Maybe some gold, too." I added. "Okay, I'm loving it, and how do you feel about white?" She asked. "Even better." I replied. "Perfect! I'll let you know when it's ready." Rose informed me. "Great." I got up and headed inside the house.

Jj left to John Bs an hour ago, and Wheezie was at a friends house, so there wasn't really anything I could do.

I opened the door and saw Rafe putting his plate in the sink, "Hey." I said, closing the door. "Hey, Kie." He replied. " I um... I thought you were in your room or..." I said, softly. "Kiara, if you're still worried about what happened last night-" He began, but I cut him off. "It's just, it's so awkward to me-" I started explaining. "I'm telling you, it's fine." He reassured.

"That doesn't make me feel better." I told him, sarcastically. He chuckled, "I promise, we're good. You accidentally walked into my room, thinking it was Jjs, no biggy." He explained. "Okay." I said, simply. "Okay?" He asked. "Yeah, okay." I repeated. "Speaking of Jj, you uh... you tell him?" He asked. "No." I told him, not wanting to go into further detail. He smacked his lips, "Good, keeps me alive." He joked. "He wouldn't see it like that-" I started, knowing damn well.

"No, he would. He would." He said. "Anyways, do you want to go run errands with me?" He asked, changing the conversation. "Uh... I-" "Unless you're busy, which I totally get-" "No, no I'm not." I quickly said. "Great, I'll um.. go get the keys." He replied, walking upstairs. "Okay."

(JJ)

"Scale of 1 to 10."

"A fucking 20, man." I replied to John B. "Damn, she was that mad?" He asked. "She wouldn't talk to me the entire way back, plus when we got home." I added, reeling my fishing pole back in. "What about Sarah?" I asked him. He sighed, and I just laughed, "That bad, huh?" I joked. "You know it."

"Hey we should stop by for gas, your tanks low." I said, noticing the gas tank. "Alright, let's go."

(Kie)

"Alright, just gotta pick up some wax and cards." Rafe said, parking the car. "At a gas station?" I asked, confused. I unbuckled my seat belt and opened the car door. "Just wait till you get in." He said, opening the door for me. He wasn't kidding, this place was like a target in a gas station, but bigger.

"You weren't kidding." I told him. "I know my stuff, Kie." He joked, and left to go get whatever he needed.

I went down a few aisles and stopped at some accessories. There was a seashell jewelry, and beach themed decorations. I kept looking around and a keychain of a white surfboard caught my eye. It would be so perfect for Jj.

That's when I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and I immediately turned around. "Holy shit! Jj! What is wrong with you?!" I shrieked and he just laughed, not letting go of me. "Hey, baby." He said, leaning down for a kiss. I pressed my lips against his, and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"What are you doing this far side of town?" He asked me when we separated.

Shit.

"Uh... just shopping." I said. "Is Sarah with you?" He asked. "Nope, I'm by myself." I lied, pleading he wouldn't see Rafe. "Why? You should have token Rose with you at least." He said. I chuckled, "You're acting like I've never shopped by myself before." "I'm just making sure." He replied.

I saw Rafe out of the corner of my eye, and got scared Jj was going to notice him too. I grabbed his hand immediately, and led him away. "Are you with John B?" I asked. "Uh, yeah. We needed more gas and beer." He explained. "Okay, well I don't want to keep you guys waiting so..." I said. "You leaving, already?" He asked. "Yeah, I better get going." I replied. "Alright." He said. "I'll see you at home." I told him, and gave him a kiss before leaving.

"You ready?" Rafe asked, when we met up. "Yeah, let's go." I said.

Fuck, that was close.