Chapter Thirty One

(Gen)

~Next Morning~

Kiara was woken up by someone shaking her lightly. She quickly opened her eyes, and saw Jj hovering above her.

"Morning, baby. We're here." He told her, smiling. She looked at him confused, and sat up. "In Manteo?" She asked, rubbing her eyes and looking out the window.

"Yeah." He replied, kissing the top of her head. "How did we get here so early?" She asked again. "Ward sailed over night. Come on, get up, princess. I made breakfast." He said, walking out the door.

-

"Good morning." Kiara greeted, walking in the kitchen. She suddenly felt embarrassed that she was only in her pj shorts and top and there were so many people.

"Good morning, Catherine I want you to meet my future daughter in law." Rose joked, introducing the woman next to her. "Hi, sweetie. Oh my, you're so pretty, Jj got so lucky." Catherine said and Kiara laughed.

She made her way over to him where he was leaning against the island. "Hey, I'm Stephanie, you can call me Steph though." A girl got up and went over to shake Kiara's hand.

It was the same girl in the photo.

"I'm Kiara." She replied. "By the way, this is my dad, Earl." She added, mentioning the man sitting next to Ward. He waved at her, and she smiled.

"You have a nice family." Kiara commented. Stephanie chuckled, "Thanks." Jj wrapped his arms around her waist, hugging her closer from behind.

"Is Wheezie up yet?" Kiara asked, turning her head. "Mhm, she's by the pool." He responded. "Okay, well I'm gonna go see her." She told him. "Aren't you gonna eat?" He asked. "Not really hungry right now, babe." She said.

He rolled his eyes, "I woke up at 6 to make you your favorite breakfast plate." He told her. She giggled, "Really?" She asked. "Yes, Kie." "Thank you, Jage. But maybe later, I'm gonna go see your sister." She said, giving him a kiss before leaving.

(Kie)

I walked out of the kitchen and made my way to the pool. I saw Wheezie laying in a chair, and Rafe sitting down on a towel.

Shit.

I sat next to him on the ground. "Hey." He said. "Hi. Sorry I couldn't go last night, I fell asleep." I explained.

"Nah, it's fine. I forgot too." He told me. I chuckled, and looked at the view. There were small and colorful buildings all over the town. "Rose wants to go shopping around 3 if you're down." Rafe said.

I nodded, "You coming?" I asked. He shrugged, "Ward, Jj and Earl are planning on taking the boat to go fishing while Rose bankrupts Ward so.. I don't know if I'm going with them." He told me.

I nudged him, "C'mon it'll be fun." I teased. He chuckled, "I can't ever say no to you, huh?" I laughed, "Nope." "Fine, I guess I'll go." He said and I cheered.

"Yes! We should pick out each other's outfits, and wear them the rest of the day." I proposed and he shook his head. "Hell no." I laughed, "Don't back out now!" I joked.

He sighed, "Maybe." I smiled, "It's not a no." "It's not a no."

~Time Lap~

"So, I heard you were leaving to go kill fish with Ward and the other guy." I said, sitting on the edge of the bed.

Jj took off his shirt and threw it at the laundry basket, missing. "Yeah, Wheeze tell you?" He asked. "No." He looked at me, "Rose?" I shrugged, "Doesn't matter." I said.