Chapter Twenty Two

~Three days later~

(Jj)

"I have news." I heard Rose say.

I looked up from my phone, seeing her standing in the middle of the living room. Kiara was sitting right next to me on the couch while Ward and Wheezie were sitting on a chair.

"So, Ward and I talked and we were thinking about getting out of the house for a couple days. You know a little family vaca." She started.

Honestly, I was fucking terrified because I didn't even think Rose knew the difference between "little" and "exaggerating large". Take my party as an example for instance.

"We decided to take My Druthers out for a couple days on the water and I was hoping everyone could come." She added.

Well, I guess she does know the difference.

I heard Wheezie let out a cheer of excitement. "When do we go?" She asked. "Tomorrow morning." Rose replied.

"What about Rafe?" I interrupted. Rose went silent for a moment, passing exchanging looks at Ward. "We want him too. But if he comes, will you guys still go?" She asked. "No-" I started but Kiara cut me off, "We'd be happy to go."

Rose sighed, "Thank God, we don't have to leave anyone behind." She joked. "Alright, well, we leave at 6 in the morning. I would pack your bags tonight." Ward said, getting up.

"I'm gonna go ahead and load the fishing gear." He told Rose, going outside. "It's settled, then." Rose said, smiling and going to the kitchen.

"Way to take one for the team, Kiara." I joked, looking at her.

"Can you not, please?" She asked, eyeing Wheezie. I scoffed, "I'm gonna go help Ward load the fishing gear." I was about to get up when she grabbed my wrist.

"Jage." She said. That's when Wheezie turned around looking at us.

Way to mind her own damn business.

Kiara immediately let go of my wrist, and I got up, opening the door and heading outside.

(Kie)

I knew he was going to say 'no' but this is his family. If anything I would love to get to know them more.

I hated that the only reason he didn't wanna go was because of Rafe. It was such a stupid argument to be fighting over.

I sighed and got up, heading upstairs. Might as well pack early.

-15 minutes later-

"And like I really want to go Sarah, and he's mad at me for it?" I ranted on the phone.

"Tell him to stop being a jealous bitch, Kie." Sarah said, on the other side of the phone. "Yeah, tell him yourself." I joked, picking out some tops.

"He can't expect you to stay isolated in the house forever, why do you think me and John B are in Charleston?" She asked, and I sighed.

"It's different though, you're pregnant." I said. She exhaled, "Look, Kie. Jj cannot control your life, okay? If you want to do something, do it." She told me.

"He's gonna get mad." I explained. "He's gonna get over it."

She had a point.

I pinched the bridge of my nose, "You're right." I said. "I know I am." She replied. I laughed, "Okay, well I gotta go. I promised Wheeze that I would help her pack." I told her. "Okay, I'll talk to you later. Tell Wheeze I said 'hi'." She instructed. "Will do, Sar. Bye." "Bye, Kie. Love you." "Love you too." I responded, hanging up.

I charged my phone, and headed to her room downstairs.

(Jj)

"This is the room you and Kiara will be staying in." Ward said, showing me inside the massive room. I whistled, "Damn, Ward. Really outdid yourself with this one." I joked making him chuckle.

"What 370,000 bucks will get ya." He said. "It's nice." I told him, exploring the room. "So, where do you plan on taking her?" I asked him. "Don't know yet." He replied.

"C'mon lemme show you the master bedroom." He told me. "There's a master bedroom? Then what's this?" I asked, in shock. He laughed, "Just come with me, Jesse."

He opened the door to the room and shit, man. There was a whole ass fucking jacuzzi in there. "Now we're talking." I said, looking at the bathroom.

"You like it?" He asked me. "Do I like it? Do I like it? Are you shitting me, Ward? You're basically set for life, man." I said. "Good, because one day, this'll be yours, all yours, Jesse." He told me.

I chuckled, "I'm gonna keep you up on that." I joked. He smiled, "I bet you will."

(Kie)

"You guys goin?" I heard someone ask me.

I turned around and saw Rafe leaning against the side of the doorway.

"Uh, yeah. Yeah, I think we are." I replied, trying to zip my suitcase. "What about you?" I added, struggling to get it shut.

"Maybe. Here lemme." He said, walking over to me. He leaned down and zipped it right up.

I could smell his signature cologne on him, and I couldn't help but stare at him.

What the fuck was wrong with me?

He leaned back up, "You good?" He asked. "Yeah, yeah. Thanks." I quickly replied. "No problem, you think you could help me pack though?" He asked.

"Yeah, of course." I smiled. He led me to his room and opened the door. His room was really clean, and it smelled good, too.

He pulled out his suitcase and placed it on his bed. I walked over to his closet and opened it. Seeing many different suits hung up, neatly.

"That's just uh, tux's and shit." He said, and pointed at the drawers beside his desk.

"Gotcha." I walked over and opened the top drawer, seeing it filled with folded shirts. "Do you want me to pick out some outfits for you or do you want to and you'll show me?" I asked, seeing Rafe sitting on his bed.

"I don't really care, Kie." He replied, and I rolled my eyes. He laughed, "Alright, alright. You can."

I smiled and grabbed some shirts, setting them on the bed. "Where are your shorts?" I asked. "Third one."

I opened it and looked through them, choosing a couple and putting them next to the shirts.

-

Rafe got up and zipped his suitcase, after we finished his packing.

"I would also put your shoes or slides in a different thing." I said. He looked at me with a smiled on his face, "Will do, thanks Kiara. I owe you one." He responded.

I shook my head, "No, it's fine. I was just helping out a friend." "Nah, I'm serious. Lemme take you out or something." He said.

"I don't know, Rafe." I told him. "C'mon, Kie. How about we go get some food, you know that one place by the beach?" He asked, and I laughed.

"C'mon, Kie. I know you want to." He said. "I don't know if Jj will let me go." I explained, looking at him.

"How about we don't tell him?" He asked. Was it stupid that I was actually considering it?

"How?" I asked him. "Well that depends on your answer." He replied, and I chuckled, nodding. "Is that a yes, Carrera?" I rolled my eyes, "That is a yes, Cameron."