11-15

Chapter 11

◎Canteen◎

It's not that Liu Susu doesn't want to work, but that she doesn't want to go to the canteen.

The work in the canteen may seem to others to be very leisurely, and there is still a lot of money to be made, but Liu Susu read so many books in her previous life, and her biggest wish is to contribute to the construction of the motherland. In this era, the country is full of waste. When she was feeling excited, she went out for a walk, and she could see that there were still many areas that could be improved in the military area.

Of course, she couldn't say this directly, otherwise no matter how enthusiastic Yu Hongying was to her, she would feel that she was overestimating her abilities, so Liu Susu didn't plan to say anything until she showed some real skills.

She smiled: "Auntie, I won't hide it from you. Although I am a mother, I used to live at home. My mother helped take care of the first two children. Now that I have come to join the army, I have four. With the children and Han Lie being busy, I am really too busy on my own.

So I want to stop working for a short period of time. I will wait until the children's health is better and I get used to it, and then I can think about work. ."

Yu Hongying thought about it, and it was true that she only had two sons and one daughter, and she was very tired when she was young.

"You're right, it's more important to take care of the family." I couldn't help but think again, it seems that I still have to take more care of Xiaoliu, don't be tired and want to go back not long after arriving.

Seeing that Yu Hongying stopped asking questions, Liu Susu breathed a sigh of relief, but she didn't expect that just after she had finished fooling her, Han Lie would talk about it again in the evening.

"Aunt Yu is here today?" Han Lie asked.

Liu Susu is writing a list. She will go to the market tomorrow. She might as well buy all the missing things at once so as not to have trouble again when she needs to use them. "Here, let's have dinner at home in two days. You also want to introduce me to them." I declined the job in the cafeteria."

Before, Han Lie would definitely have asked her why she refused, but now that he knew that she was a junior college student, he thought that she looked down on the job in the cafeteria, which meant that she was definitely overqualified.

He said, "I haven't mentioned your academic qualifications to anyone, so Aunt Yu doesn't know about it either. I'll tell you tomorrow and you can enter the school." There is no

shortage of teachers in the school, but someone with such a high degree of education as Liu Susu, Even if there is no shortage, a space will be made for her.

Liu Susu didn't even raise her head: "I'm not going. I don't want to be a teacher."

"Don't want to be a teacher? Then you..." Han Lie reacted, "You want to do something related to architecture?" He suddenly remembered that Liu Susu's major was this .

Liu Susu raised her eyebrows: "As expected of the deputy commander, he is smart!"

Han Lie, who was suddenly praised, felt helpless: "The military region does not have such a job, don't do anything wrong, otherwise you will have to be transferred to the northwest."

The northwest is exactly When construction was needed, Han Lie would have no problem with it if it were someone else, but Liu Susu, a lesbian, how could she survive in that kind of environment? And if she goes, their family will be separated again.

Thinking of this possibility, Han Lie felt a little uncomfortable in his heart. He didn't know why, he just thought it was because he didn't want his children to live the same life as before.

Liu Susu didn't know what he was thinking, so she raised her head and said, "If the military region doesn't exist, then find a way to make it exist. This is like saying that there is no road in the world, but when there are more people walking, it becomes a road."

What does it mean to "find a way to make it happen?" it has"?

Han Lie was not comforted at all. Instead, he was even more worried: "Don't do this nonsense!"

"Don't worry." After saying that, Han Lie was still staring at him, "I am a lesbian, and I am tripped over by children all day long. , how could she be doing this nonsense? I just said it for fun."

Han Lie really couldn't think of what she could do, so he thought she was really joking. When he was about to go out, he thought again: "I asked the teacher today, and he said your It will take some time for the political review to come down."

"Okay."

- If it's urgent, I'll wait for two days before urging you.

Before the second half of the sentence could be uttered, Liu Susu blurted out a reply.

Liu Susu looked at Han Lie who was standing still: "What's wrong?"

She was really not in a hurry. On the contrary, she hoped that the political review would be as slow as possible. If the political trial was over and the two of them gave evidence, if Han Lie had any ideas, she wouldn't know how to refuse.

Han Lie was not stupid, and naturally saw that Liu Susu was not in a hurry at all. Thinking of how eagerly he ran to find his teacher today, he suddenly felt a little depressed, but he didn't understand why.

In the end, he could only shake his head: "It's okay."

He turned around and left.

Liu Susu didn't notice Han Lie's strangeness. After writing the list, she turned around and saw Han Xiuxiu getting into the quilt, staring at her with a pair of bright eyes. She was spotted by her and immediately got under the quilt, leaving only one person behind. Furry little head.

"Why don't you sleep?"

Han Xiuxiu showed her eyes and said in a little voice, "I want to wait for my aunt."

The little girl was so cute and soft, Liu Susu felt that her heart was about to be cute, and she went to bed and lay down Beside her, she said with a smile: "Auntie, can I tell you a story?"

Han Xiuxiu used to be malnourished. Not only was her face sallow and thin, but her hair was like straw. On the first day she came, Liu Susu gave her a girl's haircut. All the dry and yellow areas have been cut off, and now not only does my hair look better, but I also feel a lot more energetic.

"Okay!"

Although the control was not strict now, those fairy tales were definitely not allowed to be told, but Liu Susu knew a lot of folk tales, so she hugged Han Xiuxiu and spoke softly.

Separated by a wall, Han Qian was putting his ear against the wall, with a serious look on his face that made Han Cheng extremely confused: "Brother, what are you doing? Don't rub the fragrance away!" The

two little guys had a ball on their faces before. Gaoyuanhong, Liu Susu bought a box of clam oil at the department store in the county last time. This stuff feels as greasy as lard, and the smell is a bit strange, but it works well when applied on the face. After taking a shower every day, Liu Susu would wipe it all over their faces. After two days, the plateau red was a little lighter.

Han Qian moved his face away: "Mom is telling a story, I want to hear it."

"Mom can still tell stories?" Han Cheng didn't believe it and put his ear to it, "Wow, it really does!"

He also wanted to hear stories. !

But my mother said that she and Sister Xiuxiu were girls, and gay men could not enter the room of lesbians at night, so I couldn't hear clearly intermittently.

Rolling his round eyes, Han Cheng immediately climbed up next to Han Lie, raised his head and said, "Uncle Han, I want to hear a story. Tell us a story!"

Han Qian also reacted. Yes, although they I can't hear my mother's story, but there is still Uncle Han!

It seems that his silly brother is quite smart!

Being stared at by the two children, Han Lie, who was lost in thought, was slightly stunned.

"Uncle Han, are you in a bad mood?" Han Cheng said suddenly.

Afraid of being seen by the children, Han Lie quickly shook his head: "No." "

Then tell us a story!"

Han Lie didn't know how to tell stories, he only knew how to train people, the kind who could make recruits cry. Older children will certainly not be able to bear it. He glanced at them and said, "Is it because you can't sleep because you want to hear a story?"

"Yes, yes." The two little ones nodded at the same time, and even Han Jin looked over.

"Okay, let's do some push-ups. When do you want to sleep, stop when." Han Lie leaned against the wall and raised his eyebrows.

Han Cheng, who still didn't know what he would face next, asked innocently: "Uncle, what are push-ups?"

Half a minute later, on the large kang, three little cubs were lying neatly with their heads down and buttocks up. Han Lie stood under the bed and guided them one by one: "Bend the front arm of the little one, and don't bend the little Jin's head." Keep your head down, and Xiao Cheng, keep your buttocks in."

The people who were being instructed felt extremely tormented.

Han Qian: Why does he think his stupid brother has become smarter?

Han Cheng: Oh wow, he never wants to hear stories again in his life.

Han Jin was reflecting on why he wanted to join in the fun.

——When

the Han family was noisy, Yu Hongying was talking to Mr. Zhong: "That girl Xiaoliu is really good. The more I look at her, the more I like her. Xiaohan is really lucky."

Mr. Zhong has never met Liu Susu, but she also knows that she can get her. Yu Hongying's high evaluation must be very good. As for whether Xiao Han was lucky... Suddenly, he thought again of the political review report that had not yet received the result.

"What's wrong?"

Commander Zhong shook his head quickly: "It's okay."

The political review involved military affairs, and no one could say anything until the result was obtained. He was afraid that Yu Hongying would find out, so he quickly changed the subject: "What is this?"

Yu Hongying laughed. "Xiao Liu must give it to me, saying it's beef jerky."

"Beef jerky?" Master Zhong had eaten it when he was a soldier in the northwest. The jerky made from beef tasted hard and was hard to bite the teeth. Chewing, he didn't like eating this. Just as he was about to put it down, he saw Yu Hongying staring at him and immediately stuffed it into his mouth.

"How is it?"

"It's delicious!" Mr. Zhong's eyes suddenly lit up. It's really delicious! Although it is dried meat, it is not woody at all. It has a rich burnt aroma and a slightly spicy taste, which makes it appetizing and satiating.

He has never eaten such delicious jerky!

Master Zhong ate one piece after another and suddenly thought of the cafeteria. Although the food in their cafeteria was not bad, who wouldn't want to eat better? Moreover, the soldiers were training all day long and were exhausted. If they eat well, they can be more productive. Have some strength.

Comrade Xiaoliu has just arrived and must not have found a job yet. It would be great if he could help in the canteen!

With this in mind, Master Zhong didn't ask Yu Hongying, and went directly to the Chief Secretary the next day.

Liu Susu didn't know this yet. At this time, she was taking several children on the road to the market.

This place is far from the county seat, but there are villages not far away, and the market is set up in several villages. Now buying and selling is allowed, as long as it is not of large denominations, so every market day in the middle of the month is particularly special. It was lively, not to mention people from the military region, but even people from the village came.

Chen Nan had experience. He was afraid that things would be sold out if he arrived late, so he called Liu Susu to set off before six o'clock.

Liu Susu thought it was too early, but as she walked on the road, she found that there were people around her, all carrying backpacks, as if they were going for a big purchase.

"How long do we have to walk?"

Chen Nan said: "If you are fast, half an hour." Half an hour

is nothing, but if you walk for so long carrying a lot of things, you will definitely be exhausted. Liu Susu mentioned Carrying a pannier on my back, I think it would be great if I had a bicycle now.

But she also knew that this was impossible and she could only think about it.

Liu Susu and Chen Nan were walking while talking. Except for Han Jin, who was holding her hand, several other children were walking and playing in front.

Chen Nan: "Xiao Jin also went to play with Tiedan and the others."

Han Jin shook his head and got closer to Liu Susu.

Chen Nan lowered her voice and said with some disapproval: "Sister-in-law, if you do this, what will happen if Xiaojin becomes like a little girl?"

Liu Susu smiled and said: "This is not called being like a little girl, this is called being quiet."

Although she hoped The child can have more playmates, but he will not be forced to make friends with others. This will only make Han Jin more sensitive. Now Han Jin is willing to simply communicate with his family, which is a good change. , just take your time, no need to rush at all.

"Besides, we already have two monkeys in our family. It would be nice to have a quieter one." Liu Susu shook Han Jin's little hand and tapped his little nose: "Auntie likes our Xiaojin like this."

Han Jin The tension on his face disappeared, and he held Liu Susu's hand harder, his eyes sparkling, and he revealed a less obvious smile.

Chen Nan was about to say something else when he saw Tiedan running over: "Mom, Xiaoqian's cakes are so delicious, please make them for me too!"

"What cakes?" Chen Nan asked.

Tiedan couldn't tell what kind of pancake it was, but he knew it was delicious. Liu Susu said, "He should be talking about meat floss pancakes." She got

up early this morning. Liu Susu was afraid that they would be hungry, so she made a few meat floss pancakes. It is fried with the extra beef that was left before. After frying, it can be left for a few days. Then add some diced sausages, knead a crust with flour, and spread it in the pot. You don't even need to add any oil. It is very delicious. .

Seeing that Niu Dan was so greedy, Liu Susu took two out of her pocket: "There is one more for Xiaotian."

Niu Dan immediately accepted it with a smile: "Thank you, Aunt Liu!"

When Chen Nan was about to tell him not to take it, Liu Susu said: "It's okay, just two cakes, not for you to eat."

Chen Nan knew that she said that on purpose, and immediately felt warm and embarrassed: "Thank you sister-in-law, I cut the meat to make dumplings today, and I will give it to you then." If you bring a bowl, you can't refuse it."

"Don't worry, I won't be polite to you." Liu Susu said with a smile.

Niu Dan went back with two pancakes, but the other children were not so lucky. He could only watch them eating deliciously, becoming more and more greedy, and his mouth was watering.

Aunt Cai on the side saw this scene and sneered.

She didn't believe that Liu Susu's food was so delicious, and felt that she must have deliberately asked Han Qian to come over to lure other children, so that others would think her cooking was delicious, so that she could pave the way for her to enter the canteen.

Sure enough, he has a foxy face and is so thoughtful! It's a pity that after offending her, she still wants to go to the canteen? There are no doors!

Aunt Cai rolled her eyes and decided to buy more melon seed candies later and pack some. She said she couldn't let Liu Susu work in the canteen!

She was in a hurry to buy candy, but she didn't see a middle-aged man walking over and said with a smile: "Are you from Han Lie's family?"

Han Qian looked up and saw a man wearing a military uniform like Uncle Han, and he was on guard. He felt a little relieved: "Who are you?"

"I am Comrade Han Lie's comrade-in-arms. I am in charge of the canteen. You can call me Uncle Zhao."

Han Cheng's ears stood up immediately when he heard this: "Wow, you are in charge of the canteen! Uncle Zhao, do you have a lot of meat at home?"

The man laughed when he heard this: "There is not a lot of meat, but there is fish. If you like it, I will give you two Come on?"

"I like it! I like it very much!" Han Cheng nodded immediately, as long as it's meat, he likes it!

"Okay, but in exchange, you guys share some cake for me to eat."

A bite of cake in exchange for a fish is indeed a good deal. Han Cheng glanced at his brother, and finally the two of them broke some meat floss cakes for him, which was quite painful. "Don't lie to us!" he warned.

"Don't worry, I'm a soldier. How could I lie to others?" After the man finished speaking, he stuffed the meat floss cake into his mouth.

The two children didn't give much, barely enough to count as one mouthful, but just this one mouthful made him open his eyes immediately.

This person is actually the Chief Secretary. When Mr. Zhong came to see him this morning, he still couldn't believe how a piece of dried meat could be so delicious.

But Mr. Zhong patted his chest and vouched for it, and the chief secretary said that he would wait until he came back from the market to have a look. Unexpectedly, he met Liu Susu's child on the road. He didn't waste any time and immediately planned to have a taste. After all, whether the craftsmanship is good or not can be felt as soon as you eat it.

As soon as the meat floss cake entered his mouth, he knew that Mr. Zhong was indeed right. Comrade Liu was indeed very good at his craftsmanship!

Han Cheng said with a smile: "How is it? My mother made it delicious, right?"

"It is indeed delicious."

"Then don't forget our fish." Han Cheng warned worriedly.

"I won't forget it." There are so many people talking now, so I can just use the excuse of sending fish to have a chat with Comrade Liu Susu. We must find such an outstanding comrade to work in the canteen!

When he thought about the good fortune he would have in the future, the Chief of Staff smiled with satisfaction.