Chapter Six: Centaurus

BONG! BONG! Godric woke with a startle, nearly jumping out of bed. Only realizing it was just the clock tower, Godric closed his eyes and rubbed them. Sunlight flooded his room, dust visible floating around. The gray clouds were gone, leaving white ones. Outside, the ground was soaking wet, and footprints could be seen up close. Godric brushed his shoe off on a rug near the doorway, and dressed himself in his casual, crimson gold robes. He tucked his wand perfectly inside his robes, drank some water from the bucket, and opened his door into the common room.

Workers were also waking up from the noise of the clock tower, and could be seen lounging around in the common room, most of them on their break time Godric promised the day earlier if they helped carry the books inside. As Godric walked down the staircase, he passed by Timothy, who unlike the workers was dressed, and ready for work.

"Mornin' Godric! What's on today's list?" he asked, walking alongside Godric out of the common room and into the grand staircase.

"Not that I know of. I have my own affairs to deal with. I do know for a fact that I need someone to go oversee the final arrangements of furniture and organization in the library," replied Godric, looking at the steps to be sure one was not out of place.

"You know where to find me," piped Timothy, a large smile on his face as he hopped his way down the staircase in the direction towards the library. Godric chuckled, and looked to his left, seeing Helga in her yellow, black robes.

"Helga!" shouted Godric, getting Helga's attention, "Do you now which way exactly is Alexander's tower! I can't quite remember exactly how to get there."

"Yes, yes of course Godric! I was actually on my way to go ask Alexander something myself. You can accompany me if you'd like," she answered.

"It would be my honor," grinned Godric, and together they strode off out of the castle and into daylight. Soon they passed by the Great Hall, and walked down a few more staircases that didn't change, and were out of the castle.

"Why are we going this way?" asked Godric, taking in his surroundings.

"Oh, it's much to crowded near Alexander's tower. If we go to his tower through the castle paths, it would take us much longer," answered Helga, rolling her eyes, "This way is easier because Alexander's tower is on the edge of the castle grounds."

"Really?" asked Godric, a little surprised, "I hadn't noticed."

They continued walking on the gravel path until they came to a larger pathway, this one with workers talking to one another. The ground was green and yellow. Godric looked down to see a flat piece of land just below the hill, near the forest.

"That would be a great place for a little hut wouldn't you say?" asked Helga, noticing the place Godric was staring at, who gave a short nod in response.

They made a right turn, and passed under a small archway, which was cracked a little. Godric found that a large crowd of workers was hanging about near the opposite side of the courtyard he was now in. He looked just a little bit up, and saw the corridor in which he jumped over, and the window where he was able to get into Alexander's room yesterday.

"See what I mean?" asked Helga, noticing the crowd of workers.

"Ah, yes," replied Godric, barely taking note of what Helga said.

They crossed the courtyard to the left, and came to the tower. Godric looked around, and saw there was no door.

"Helga?" asked Godric, thinking this was a joke.