✨️Chapter 1✨️

The Invite 

Y/n's POV

It was the start of summer, which meant longer days at the creek and longer days of practicing bike tricks. I was a part of the ten speeds. I joined their group last year for my love of all things bikes and dangerous stunts. Handlebarb said that I had a knack for building things, especially ramps.

I grab a backpack full of snacks, a water bottle, and plasters (in case of emergencies) and rush out the door, I then slip on my scuffed shoes and head towards the garage where my bike is. I grab the bike, along with the helmet, and ride along the footpath until I meet the edge of the creek. There I find the rest of th ten speeds waiting for me. "Hey, Y/n!" Cannonball says, waving at me, I wave back.

"Hey, guys! I was thinking than today we could-" I was then cut off by the tea-timers emerging from the shelter of a tree, George was holding a music player, he then presses a button which makes music start playing.

(Start playing the video and skip to the tea-timer song)

Prepare to be delighted 

Cause you're courtly invited

To the most splendid celebration 

Tea time at four!

We chose you because you're special 

so clever and consequential

and we think you might enjoy our banquet and desserts 

Of sweets and treats and conversation 

if you accept our invitation

From Eliza, Jane, and George.

"Wow, you guys are pretty good at dancing." Handlebarb says.

"Yes, my parents gave me dance classes, I'm very rich." Eliza says in a posh voice. You grimace at her sentence. How could one person be so narcissistic?! 

"But enough about me.. I want to know if you'll come, miss Handlebarb, they'll be a tiramisu baked by myself, of course." Eliza boasts. 

"Wait, the others won't be coming?!" Handlebarb exclaims.

"Fine, one other person can come along as well." 

"Tea parties aren't really my thing, so I won't go." Cannonball says.

"Yeah, I agree with Cannonball, I'd rather be doing cool bike tricks." Warpspeed says.

"I would go, but Im basically allergic to everything, so.." Todd says sadly.

"Well, I guess that leaves me then." I say. Me and Eliza have had a strong rivalry ever since I got to the creek. I knew she looked down on me, but I had a few tricks up my sleeve. You see, when my parents were still together, my mum would obsess over me being perfect and proper. She would teach me all about manners, now I live with my Dad, I can forget all of that, I even went as far as to join the ten speeds, as I could never go out and play at the creek when my Mother was around. Even after all that, I still managed to remember what she had taught me, like it was ingrained in my memory.

I was gonna out-manner everyone there, including Eliza herself.

I biked home. It was 2:30 enough time to make an appetizer and get dressed up. I pulled out a bowl, spatula, cookbook, and the ingredients. I flicked through the pages until I found a recipe for mini muffins. After preheating the oven, I made the batter and poured it into little paper cupcake wrappers. Then, I opened the oven and set the muffins on the top tray. I set I timer for 25 minutes, and then I headed to my room to find a nice outfit.

I scavenged through my wardrobe till I found a nice apricot coloured dress with a silky off-white ribbon wrapping around the torso and puffy long sleeves made out of a see through satin fabric.  It fell just at my knees, I then got out my hair brush and brushed out all the knots in it (which was quite a lot.) Before I knew it, it was already 3:40, almost tea time. I got the muffins out and put them on a little tray.

A/N: This is Y/n's outfit. Art by me. (I tried)

                                                         ✨️>:)))✨️ Time skip

                                                         ✨️>:)))✨️ Time skip

I waited outside the big willow tree, and I could see Handlebarb in the distance.

"Hey, Y/n! Woah, you look fancy!" Handlebarb exclaimed.

"Thanks." I say, smiling.

"Miss Eliza." Goerge says. "The ten speeds have arrived." He then pulls a rope which reveals a long table with a fancy table cloth and an extravagant tiramisu. I took a seat where a paper with my name sat. I made sure to have good posture and to have my hands neatly folded in my lap just to rub it in her face.

"Oh wonderful." Eliza said. " I believe you know Makenzie, leader of the horse girls." Her hand gesturing over to Makenzie who was sitting opposite Handlebarb and I.

"Miss Eliza, the stump kids have arrived." Goerge announced.

" You made it!" Eliza exclaimed. "I believe you know miss Makenzie as well."

"Yes, it must be an honor to eat with a celebrity horse like myself." Makenzie then started to make a weird horse sound which really confused you.

"And miss Handlebarb as well as miss Y/n from the ten speeds." Eliza said.

" it's great to be hear miss Eliza brah, it's not often I get to get this dressed up." Handlebarb said, tugging at her shirt with a suit printed on it.

"Yes, it is truly wonderful." I said in the politest voice I could. It made me feel sick to act like this, like I was being fake, and I suppose I was.

"Well this party sure is filled with V.I.Ps!" J.P commented while taking a seat.

"We are still waiting on one more party, unfortunately." Eliza said.

"Ugh, forgot them." Makenzie interjected. "Can we just eat already? I need to get started on my daily oats." She said, before pulling out a big bag of oats. 

"Oh, I suppose we could start sharing are appetizers now.." Elaza said.

"I brought mini muffins." I said, holding out the tray then placing it on the table. 

"Excellent." Eliza commented.

"I brought some yo-go, it gives me the power to go, yo! Got to have my yo-go!" Handlebarb said, it almost sounded like an advertisement.

"Oh yes, ofcorse, whom among us doesn't like to yo-go." Craig, did you bring something to share?" Eliza questions.

"Yes, I brought cheese and apple slices, and they're not touching." He said confidently. " Wait no, these two touched."

"I brought a bunch of lose chips, they're all touching!" J.P said, as he grabs a handful of chips.

"I brought chicken paprikash, it's Hungarian, it's the only thing I know how to make. Kelsey said,  heaving a big pot onto the table. It actually looked quite delicious.

"Huh, well that looks rather heavy for a appetizer." Eliza said.

"That's a nice way of saying it smells like gym socks." You heard Jason's voice say.

"Presenting the junior forest scouts." Goerge announced.