Acceptance

Artoria walked through the palace, muddied boots causing a trail behind her. She rested her hand on the pommel of her sword and continued to stalk through the long seemingly endless echoing halls. She burst through the door of Morgana's room, windows rattling at the brute force.

Morgana all but jumped from her chaise, conjuring a dagger. Upon seeing her sister she let out a sigh. "What in the world is wrong with you?" She wheezed as she held a hand to her beating heart, the dagger that'd been caged in her fingers fluttered out of existence. "You nearly killed me!" Then she straightened herself and eyed Artoria, taking in her demeanour as she evened her breathing. "Have you come to expel me? I did warn you that you would be sorely mistaken if you did."

Artoria rolled her eyes. "Although I am still upset with you, I do not require you to expel Diarmuid any longer. I have decided we must protect him."

Morgana raised an eyebrow, opening the book she'd been reading. "Is that so? I knew your command was all because of a hissy-fit."

Artoria ignored her sister's comment. She began, "Diarmuid must only be allowed to leave palace grounds with someone capable of protecting him, is that understood?"

Morgana's dark eyebrow raised in question. "Wait, isn't the purpose of a knight to protect, not be protected?" She questioned as she stood from the chaise. "Aren't you a little too invested in his safety, dearest brother?"

"I'm simply aiding a subject of mine," Artoria deadpanned, rolling her eyes at her sister's teasing tone.

"Mhm," Morgana nodded, "simply aiding a subject," she echoed.

"I also wanted to talk about something else." Artoria decided to take a seat on the chaise, now that it was free.

Morgana finally realized the muddy trail her sister was making. "You're dirtying my room! Get out of those boots right now!" She demanded. "Look at the mess you've made!" One hand landed on her hip as she pointed to the trail of mud.

Artoria shook her head. "That should be the least of your worries. There are more important things we need to discuss."

Morgana's jaw dropped and she drew a hand to her chest. "My chambers being tidy and clean is a very important matter to me, I'll have you know."

"Fine, I'll call the maid to fix it right away if you prefer."

"No," Morgana rolled her eyes, "I don't want to bother anyone at this time of night," she sighed. "Now." Her green eyes looked back at her sister. "What is so important that you nearly gave me a heart attack by barging in?"

Artoria rubbed the back of her neck. "I know this may sound horrible to you, and please, promise me you won't get cross with me."

Morgana crossed her arms over her chest and knitted her brows and suspicion. "This sounds like something I will be getting cross about. What did you do?"

The King took a deep breath. "I might've come up with a good idea...Well, you'll be the judge if it is 'good'."

Morgana frowned. "I can already tell it's bad. You never do come up with the best ideas, that's why you have advisors."

Artoria rolled her eyes. "Will you be listening to what I have to say, or are you dead set on being rude to me?" She frowned.

Morgana sighed, "Worry not, I'm listening, brother dear, I'm simply being playful with you. Is it treason to tease my brother?"

"Well," the blonde gathered up the courage before she spoke, "I met with Youth."

Morgana gasped and then fell into a coughing fit. "W-what?" She managed to wheeze through coughs.