Not That Easy

Merlin walked through the hallways of the castle; he had read a bunch  of books on how to remove brands like the sort, but nothing seemed to  have stood out or applied to this particular case

     Merlin walked through the hallways of the castle; he had read a bunch of books on how to remove brands like the sort, but nothing seemed to have stood out or applied to this particular case. It was sort of frustrating to have such a presence in the castle and it made him more eager to remove it. Everything he had looked at was very dangerous and would cause the poor knight harm; and Merlin would never allow that.

     "Are you having trouble?" A feminine voice called from the darkness between the pillars of the castle halls, "I would guess so, it is a strong spell for even the strongest of wizards."

     "Morgana," Merlin sighed heavily, "do not make a fool of me; I simply do not want to hurt him." He was telling the truth or else the mark would have been gone long ago.

    Morgana emerged from the darkness and approached the young wizard, "If it were me, I would take it off however I could."

     "But you are not the one the King put in charge."

     "But," the lady sung "you do belong to me." A flash of excitement ran through her pale green eyes as she waited to see the young man's response.

     Merlin blinked, "What did you mean by what you said to Diarmuid?"

     "Ha," she chuckled, "am I seeing jealousy?"

     "I am just wondering, that is all." He shook his head in denial.

     "That was a joke to see if that idiot would respond." Her eyes had rolled at the mention of the witch.

     The male furrowed his brows together, "Youth? You wanted her to hear your 'deceleration'?"

     "Mhm." Morgana nodded slowly, "Hopefully she hears it and comes crawling to me."

      The young wizard shook his head in slight disappointment as she was acting like a child and proceeded to hook his arm around Morgana's. "You have to help me find a way," he stated, "without hurting Diarmuid, that is."

      Morgana laughed and shook her head. There was one way... but it would be hard to get Youth into the castle without a rampage. She took Merlin's hand and led him towards her room, where she had a small collection of books. Skimming through the spines of the many books, her green gaze settled upon one. Leather back with golden writing; The Harmless. She pulled out the book and dusted it off for she had not used it in years.

     Merlin looked at her with confusion as she opened the book and began to look through the pages. She quickly skimmed and stopped here and there to actually read. Her fingers moved fast and so did her eyes, that he was scared to ask what she was doing.

     "Here." She stopped flipping pages and placed the book on her table as she pointed at something inside.

     Merlin peaked in to see what the female was talking about and his eyes raced over the page. He brought a hand to cover his open mouth as he gasped a little, "Morgana..."