The Barking of the Hounds

The rain was causing for a more challenging escape on the male's  part

     The rain was causing for a more challenging escape on the male's part. It was pouring heavily and it only made him worry that they would be able to capture him and trap him somewhere far, possibly to torture him. His heart was practically ready to jump out of his body whilst he tried to suppress his heavy breathing. The barking of Sceolan and Bran became louder and louder that he feared the end would be near. It was a surprise to him that the Fianna had yet to catch him, considering they were on horseback and he had no other mode of transportation, besides foot. There was growling and rumbling of the clouds mixed with the barks of the—previously human—hounds that filled the air and light shun every now and again as lightening hit the earth from the heavens. The sounds were making his head pound in rage and exasperation, he disliked the loud surroundings.

     Mud covered him as he made his way through the trees, rain dripping from his face and making it rather hard for Diarmuid to see and breathe. He coughed as the water entered his trachea and he tried his best to keep hidden up on a tree, he had somehow managed to climb. There was no way they would miss him, but he was extremely exhausted and he could not possibly keep running from the Fianna. The lances in his hands were starting to get slippery from the water and he hoped that the dogs would over look him due to the chaos that the world was currently in. The arrows began to break through the air as they were aimed at him, and he took the chance to run through the tree branches after having his Lances disappear. Feet rapidly gliding atop thick branches as he jumped from tree to tree; as dangerous as it was, it was the only way to save himself. The cries of men filled his ears and he closed his eyes as he jumped for another branch, one much too far for him.

     His right foot slipped from the branch and he began to feel reality as he felt his heart stop and arrows swerve past him. A delicate hand caught him and with a quick tug upwards, he was able to steady himself on the thin tree branch.

     A beautiful red-haired women brought a finger to her plump red lips. "Shhh." There was a wicked smile on her face as she fell backwards from the branch. He could not help but call out to her as she fell, yet for some reason the arrows had ceased and no words left his throat. A somersault and she landed on her feet.

     The red-head wore a rather revealing green dress and she sat at the foot of the tree that Diarmuid stood upon as the Fianna approached her. "Have you seen a man?" Fionn's horse stepped towards the beautiful seductress.

     Her smile widened, and she laughed. "A man? I see many." Her shoulders raised in a shrug.

     Clearing his voice, the leader raised his voice, "Milady, other than the Fianna."

     "Other than the Fianna? Not exactly." Her head shook and she reached for the horse closest to her; the horse of a great sorcerer.

     "Youth?" Lughaid inquired. "What are you doing in these woods? You have been expelled, have you not?"

     "Lughaid, it has been a rather long while, how goes it?" This time, her smile seemed genuine, as if she were delighted; excited even.