Furt

NESSA REVIVED A TEXT FROM SAM

NESSA REVIVED A TEXT FROM SAM. He asked her to meet him in one of the science classrooms, the classroom in which they first worked on their duet together. She made her way there confused about what Sam would want to talk about, after he deemed it private.

'So, what do you want to talk about in private?' Nessa questioned him entering the class room, placing her phone on one of the desks.

'These galactic mobiles aren't the stars of McKinley. We are. Or at least, I want us to be.' Sam started explaining to her, like he was about to make a proposition.

'Okay?' The girl replied intrigued, but also worried.

'I think I love you. Look, my shoulder's healed, I'm going to be the quarterback again soon.' Sam started explaining to her, while he pulled out a white box and kneeled down on one knee.

'Oh, my God, please don't tell me you are proposing? We've known each other for six weeks. Stand up, please. You're freaking me out.' Nessa rambled in shock.

'I want to marry you...someday. Until then, will you accept this promise ring?' Sam said carrying on with his plan.

'What does it mean?' Nessa questioned him somewhat intrigued.

'If you accept, this ring will symbolize my promise to you to be true, to never pressure you to do anything more than kiss, to listen to your problems, to tell you when you have food in your teeth or eye gunk, to come over to your house whenever you need something super heavy moved around. I promise to make you feel proud when you point down the hall and say, "That dude's my boyfriend." And I promise to do all of those things without ever trying to sound like Matthew McConaughey. I really care about you, Nessa. And I want us to be together.' Sam continued explaining to Nessa while standing up and then kneeling back down. While Nessa was happy with him asking her this, she felt something was wrong, and she closed the box.

'Is that a no?' He asked her.

'I think so, i love you Sam, i do. But this doesn't feel right, i can't make promises to you like this...' She started trying to tell him. Trying to reject the boy gently.