Two of A Kind

I KNOW ! I've been gone for FUH-EV-AH ! And I can't guarantee regular uploads anymore because I'm so busy these days. But I'm gonna try my best! This is short but needed so I can transition into some good stuff that I know yall will enjoy. So voteeee, and commenttttttt, and fannnnnnn(altho i know yall are called followers now.... i hate it too) and enjoyyyyyyyyy. -Rae

#Hanna

I sat in Drama class fidgeting with the hem of my skirt. I had no clue as to why I was even in this class. I requested Health for my schedule, not this. This class was for ppl who liked being the center of attention, i.e. NOT ME. I sighed, pouting as the teacher explained some stupid assignment. It just had to be a partner assignment too. Watch me get stuck with somebody who'll make me do all the work.

"Shakespeare's 'Romeo and Juliet' is the ultimate love story. Two lovers, oppressed by their families' feud, seek freedom and the right to live happily ever after but instead, end in tragedy..... Doesn't it sound marvelous?" said my animated Drama teacher Mr. Fleur. I doubted Fleur was his actual last name but I didn't dare question him. He was too flamboyant for me. He just makes me feel all types of uncomfortable. I'd rather hide out in the shadows. 

"Alright. Time to pick the pairs! No same gender pairs, one boy, one girl. Quickly find your partners and get aquainted." he prompted. No one moved. He looked around the room, waiting for someone to look like they were going to make an attempt to move but nothing happened.

"Alright, I'll choose for you." he announced, listing off names of one boy and one girl. Suddenly the room came to life, boy and girls walking back and forth across the room to sit with there partners. I zoned out, hoping he didn't notice me as I stood up and backed myself into an empty seat in the corner. Hopefully if I can hide well enough, he won't know I'm here and I won't have to participate. It was a long shot but it wasn't impossible either.

"Kwan Carter, your partner will be..... hmm.. we seem to have an uneven number of boys to girls. I could have sworn I made sure to have an equal amount this semester." I heard Mr. Fleur say. I sunk down in my chair as low as possible. 'Please don't see me! Please don't see me! Please don't see me!' I whispered to myself as I sunk as low as I could without falling out of the chair. I watched as the popular guy, Kwan is his name, according to Mr. Fleur, as he searched the room for a partner. And, as if I were a large purple elephant wearing a giant polka-dotted bowtie and clown shoes, his eyes landed right on me. I know my analogy was weird. Don't judge me.

"Mr. Fleur, I don't think she has a partner." he said, bringing Mr. Fleur's attention to my direction with his large pointed finger. No wonder he was so good at sports, his hands were huge. Mr. Fleur looked at me and smiled excitedly. 

"Ah ! Ms. Warren ! You shall be Mr. Carter's Juliet. Come, get aquainted with your Romeo, dear." Mr. Fleur demanded. I felt to throw a tantrum. This was such a sucktacular situation. I know for a fact this stupid jock is just going to make me do all the work, I could just do the assignment alone and get the same exact grade.

"Hurry! You two need to become as comfortable with each other as possible. Part of your assignment requires it." Mr. Fleur rushed me. I stood begrudgingly and stomped my way around the chattering pairs inbetween me and where Kwan now stood. An empty chair, the chair that I purposely avoided sitting in, was next to him. I felt as if I was walking to my death sentence. As the distance between us became smaller and smaller perspiration formed on my  nose, my tummy fluttered violently and my knees wobbled. What the hell was happening to me?

"Hey." he said, a smirk playing on his lips. I nodded, looking down at my feet. His presence was like a force field. Raw energy resonated around him. It was intimidating to say the least.