F*ck With

Hey loves! Super short but I haven't updated in foreverrrrr lol More to come some time next week. Love ya's! -Rae<3

#Kwan

I watched her as we all sat at the lunch table. Her and Jaz continued to bond over their shared taste in music in between bites of salad, and Travis and I were discussing the newest Fast & Furious movie. Jason was nowhere in sight. He was serving a lunch detention, to my delight, and I couldn't help but enjoy his absence. I smiled as I admired her natural beauty. The way she didn't seem to care how her frizzy curls were all over the place, and how her big chunky glasses took up majority of her face. It was refreshing to see a girl who could care less what other people thought of her appearance. She was comfortable in her own skin, something I couldn't even say was true for myself.

"Oh my gooooood, 'Hold Up' is my shit! And did you see that the bat had "Hot Sauce" written on it?! Girl, I lost my shit!" exclaimed Jaz. Hanna chuckled and nodded in confirmation.

"Yes! Bey is so damn sneaky with all the hints and clues she drops all over the place. But I think my absolute favorite track is 'Freedom'. It gets me so hype, man." she spoke, making Jaz nod in agreement.

"Girl, where you been all my life? A true music connoisseur. These knuckleheads only listen to bullshit." replied Jaz, gesturing towards me and Travis. I quirked my eyebrow at her.

"Excuse you. I'm the reason you even know about half the artists you listen to. Who introduced you to Anderson .Paak and BJ The Chicago Kid?" I questioned. Jaz rolled her eyes at me.

"Okay so you introduced me to a few dope artists, but you still don't listen to The Queen Bey so everything you sayin right now is irrelevant." she countered, makin me roll my own eyes as I playfully shoved her. She giggled in response before shoving me back.

"I love Anderson .Paak and BJ..... who else do you listen to? Put me on to some new artists." came Hanna's soft voice. I watched her from across the table for moment, enjoying the fact that I'd captured her interest. Her full attention was on me and it made this feeling grow in my stomach that I couldn't describe. If I could have had her staring at me like this forever, it wouldn't be long enough.

"You ever heard of 'dvsn'?" I asked her. She smirked slightly, her eyes leaving mine for a moment before returning.

"Yeah... They have this song called 'With Me'.... it's one of my favorites." she spoke, her voice slipping into something sultry. I could've sworn we were the only two people in this crowded cafeteria the way her eyes bore into mine. Had we actually been, I would have wasted no time reaching across the table and devouring her lips with mine. She was teasing me and she didn't even know it. I couldn't wait until the next time we were alone together. Payback was coming her way.

"Mine too..." I trailed, licking my lips out of habit. It was true, that exact song had been on continuous repeat the first time I heard it and every time I play it now, I have to replay it at least once before moving on to the next song in my usual playlist. I loved the slow, mellow feel it had and at times, it put me in a trance. And now that I think about it... it reminded me of how I felt whenever I was alone with Hanna.

"So your house or mine to finish our project?" I asked her, a sudden desire to be alone with her again crossing my mind. Her expression became uneasy as she broke eye contact and looked down at her lunch tray before responding.

"Actually... Jason asked me if I could help him with his Calculus after school today. I told him I would if my mom agreed and... you didn't mind working on our project a different day." she said, meeting my eyes again when she was finished. On the inside, my temper was sparked. I hated the idea of her being alone with Jason with every fiber of my being. The way he doted on her while we were in school was already too much for me to handle. I could only imagine what he'd be like once they were alone. Besides, the first time they were alone, Jason showed up with a big fat hickey on his neck, and I still wasn't clear on why or how it happened, only that Hanna had done it. Everything in me wanted to scream "HELL YEAH, I MIND!".... but I also knew that Jason would find a way to use it against me. He knew exactly how to push my buttons, this morning in front of Hanna's locker had proved just that. I had to act wisely.