50

Third Person's POV

"Remember we are going to Sadeeq's child naming ceremony when you are done"

She sent a reminder to her husband after she was done for the day knowing he would intentionally forget about it because he was holding a grudge.

Sadeeq didn't make it to their wedding not because he wasn't around or still loved her the way he had, he just couldn't stand actually seeing her get married. He had moved on and is now married, but the heart wants what it wants. He did send his congratulations and gifts but he told himself that she was just away not that he couldn't have her, he held on to this cruel thing called hope. After all no one ever really gets over their first love.

She planned to go and buy a gift before she went home and waited for the man who had seen her text and didn't reply, why are husbands like that? They just view your message and don't bother to reply.

"Hi Dr. Hafsat I'm sorry to disturb but there is this woman that keeps insisting on seeing you" A nurse informed her after she stepped out of her office.

"Just say you hate me!!!!!!!!!"

She sent another quick text to him and answered the nurse. "If it's not important tell her I have already left"

"She is quite persistent and says she just wants to talk to you," The nurse tells her again.

She could just use the employees' door and carry on with her day since it's not health-related issue and she is done for the day, but the curious part of her wins.

"Sorry for disturbing you Doctor, I've wanted to meet you since my surgery but you went on leave and I didn't get to thank you," Fatima says in one breath as soon as Hafsat joined her in the waiting room.

She obviously didn't recognize her because she was masked. "It's my job" She gave her a straight answer and turned to leave. Fatima holds her hand stopping her. "Yes I know but with the protocol of the hospital you would have gotten into trouble"

She let her hand go when she noticed the look Hafsat was giving her, the pure dislike was clear in her eyes.

She made her way out without answering her until Fatima spoke again.

"I didn't think you would be so arrogant and disrespectful. Just because I came to thank you didn't give you the right to look at me like that"

Hafsat wanted to turn back and leave immediately when she realized it was her because she knew she couldn't control her emotions toward her. She cannot pretend to like her even for a second but she is at least nice yet she dares to say such things.

She closed the door turned back and gave her two hard slaps on both cheeks, so hard that she fell to her knees.

"Are you crazy?" She cried out holding her cheeks.

"Yes"

She answered her and continued.

"If I had known it was you, I wouldn't bother coming in here to see your devil of face or even waste my time listening to you. I don't spend my time disliking people but I hate and loathe your presence in this world. I hate you more than words could say not because of who you are but your cruel and selfish heart. You are lucky I met you after I had put everything behind me otherwise you wouldn't be here"

"Who the hell are you?"

She asked again getting up to slap her back but she held her hands slapping her again.

That's make it three.

"Your fucking worst nightmare. God, you are so lucky the circumstances have changed"