Chapter Seven: Truths Reveal Themselves

[A Week Later]

Leilani wasn't having a very good time. She was constantly bullied and now it was more than just Wendy and Jasmine picking on her. The entire school took a crack at her once in a while. Today, she'd had enough. She defended herself causing the bullying to get physical rather than emotional and mental and ended up with bruises as well as a split lip. Frankie was at work when she got home as well as Denise so she didn't have to worry about them seeing her face.

Ignoring everyone's advice, Alan calls Leilani. She answers but avoids looking at him directly and showing her face to him.

"Lani? Are you alright?" Alan asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Leilani says as she stares at the ground.

"Ever since you started school, you've been acting funny." Alan explains.

"I'm fine, Alan, please stop worrying so much." Leilani says as she fights off the tears that threatened her eyes.

"But I'm your friend, Lani, and you've been really distant." Alan tells her.

"Are we really friends?! Or am I just delusional that you saved me? Because no one believes me!" Leilani yells without looking at him.

"Lani, what... what happened to you?" Alan asks.

"Nothing, okay?! I've got to go!" Leilani snaps before she hangs up on him. Alan stares in shock and he looks down sadly. Alan was really worried about Leilani.

[Two Months Later]

"What do you mean to cease attacking her?!" Wendy's father yells at the holocommunicator.

"Exactly what I said, Jackson. You are to cease attacking her." The Hood demands.

"Why? What's so important?" Jackson asks.

"I've made a business deal with her father." The Hood explains.

"Franklin? He's a sniveling welp who is afraid of his own shadow." Jackson states, "What is so important about him?"

"He solved the equation that I need and he's going to do it again." The Hood explains, "If he doesn't hold up his end of the bargain, then you may resume your attack on her."

"The girl is a hazard to my daughter's wellbeing." Jackson snaps.

"If something were to happen to her on the school yard, that's another thing, but as it stands, you are to cease with your actions." The Hood explains before he hangs up.

"Wendy, princess." Jackson calls out.

"Yes, Daddy?" Wendy asks, heading into the room a few moments later.

"My colleague has just informed me that we are to cease... attacking Leilani Rose." Jackson explains.

"I refuse. I've got the entire school eating out of the palm of my hand. That little witch's days are just about over. She can't walk up and down the hall without getting slammed into a locker and I love it." Wendy explains, "You can't make me stop or I'll tell mummy that you've been a very bad boy."

"Right. Of course, Princess." Jackson states. The truth was, Wendy was the evil mastermind. Jackson just obeyed everything she said. Wendy was a spoiled princess.

[Meanwhile - Tracy Island]

Alan and Leilani barely spoke for months. Alan wanted to give her the space she needed to work through whatever was going on with her, but he was also very worried about her at the same time. Alan began to do research all on his own. He calls Colonel Casey, a contact at the GDF that had known the family for years.