Chapter One: Space Schemes

'From the moment our eyes met, I saw the galaxies in her eyes. A calling to the unknown, a call to safety. As her hand reached out for mine, I realized that I wanted to spend my life with her, even if I was only just a kid.'

'From the moment our eyes met, I saw safety in his eyes. A gentle yet courageous heart. As I reached for his hand, I realized he'd always be my safety, the place where I'd find shelter and love. Even if I was just a kid.'

[East Creek High School - May 15th, 2059]

A petite blonde with deep blue eyes is shown walking down the hallway with some school books in her arms. She stops as she stares up at the window. In the sky, miles above, Thunderbird One flies by on a rescue. She fell into a daydream wishing that it was her that they were rescuing. She'd reach her hand out as they told her everything was going to be okay. She'd never been a person to have luck to be rescued by International Rescue when she was constantly needing rescuing.

	You'd think that she was the usual angst teenage girl, thinking that every day in High School was something she needed rescue from and for the most part, you'd be right

You'd think that she was the usual angst teenage girl, thinking that every day in High School was something she needed rescue from and for the most part, you'd be right. But most wouldn't know what she was going through. Since elementary school, her life was an endless battle of trying to pretend that every day was okay, especially when she got bullied.

She returns mentally to Earth just in time to notice two girls step into her peripheral view. She steps back freaking out. They shove her out of the way, knocking her and her school books down before they dropped trash all over her and her books.

"How does your future job feel, Leilani?" One of the girls' ask. She didn't say anything. She quietly reached out for her books and the girl who spoke moved over and stomped on her hand. Leilani cries out in pain as she stupidly jerks her hand back, causing more pain.

"Oops, sorry." The girl feigns an apology before she laughs with the other girl and walks away.

'That's me... Yeah, the one getting picked on. I've always had my head up in the clouds, which made it easy for Wendy and Jasmine to pick on me. They think that because they are popular, they get to pick on the weak. They've been like that since we were in elementary school when I showed Wendy up by spelling a big word in the school's spelling bee. You would think that with it being the year 2059, everyone would be over the 'let's bully those who are pathetic'... Nope.' Leilani's thoughts say as she picks up her books while also clutching her hand, 'My name is Leilani Rose and yes, my favorite flower is a rose. Not because of my name, but because it's so pretty, but also because of my name.' Leilani was only fifteen years old. She had three more years of this torture before she'd have to deal with the Queen Bee making sure she never got a job anywhere.

It was the last week of school before the summer. She passed all her classes, as per usual which wasn't much of a surprise. Due to her grades being up, she was prepared to beg her parents for Space Camp. She was hopeful that she could have friends. Leilani returned the books to the teachers and got scolded that they were dirty and wet. Leilani didn't say anything to defend herself. She just kept her head down. She cleaned out her locker and stuffed it into her backpack.