Story 10 | The Tantric Paradox

As Sudha and her husband sought the guidance of the tantric, a shiver ran down her spine as she took in the scene before her. The dimly lit hut exuded an unsettling aura, intensified by the overpowering fragrance of jasmine flowers that seemed to choke the air. At the center of the room loomed a massive statue of a deity, its imposing presence obscured by a thick blanket of blooms, casting eerie shadows that danced in the flickering light. Sudha's gaze shifted to the figure of the tantric, a man in his late 50s with piercing eyes rimmed in kajal, his stoic demeanor sending a chill through her bones as he sat upon his seat. Whispers seemed to emanate from the walls, carrying tales of forgotten rituals and forbidden knowledge, leaving Sudha and her husband gripped with a primal fear. 

Sudha's voice quivered as she whispered to her husband, her words barely audible amidst the eerie silence that enveloped them. "I'm scared," she confessed, her grip tightening on his hand as she glanced nervously at the shadowy entrance to the tantric's hut. "Are you sure we want to go in here?" 

Her husband's expression betrayed a hint of uncertainty, but determination flickered in his eyes as he squeezed her hand reassuringly. "We've come this far," he replied softly, his voice tinged with resolve. "We have to see this through." 

Together, they took a tentative step forward.

To be continued ...