The Cute Couple Factor

"How did you two sleep?" Tiffany said, smiling brightly as the two of them wandered downstairs.

There was a wonderful smell wafting from the kitchen, bacon and eggs sizzling in a pan on a stove, Siwon holding a spatula.

"Wonderfully," Minjeong said, shooting a sideways glance towards Jimin. "Best I have in a while, actually."

"Lovely. Breakfast will be ready soon, I hope you're hungry."

"Is there anything I can do to help?" Minjeong said, politely.

"NO," Jimin said, loudly.

Siwon and Tiffany turned and stared at her, blinking in surprise.

"No," Jimin said, a little quieter, putting her hands on Minjeong's shoulders. "Trust me, you wouldn't want Minjeong helping in the kitchen. It would be a disaster. In fact, we should probably leave right now, just in case something happens."

Minjeong elbowed her.

"I'm saying this out of love, babe," Minjeong said, clicking into fake relationship mode automatically, without having to think about it. "Love and concern that everyone might get food poisoning."

Siwon let out a loud laugh, a rumble from his belly. "Tiffany's the same," she said. "You wouldn't want to go anywhere near her food."

"Yu women were not born natural cooks," Tiffany said.

"You're not even a Yu yet, technically," Jimin pointed out.

"Just because I haven't officially got the name Yu doesn't mean I'm not one," Tiffany said, poking her in the stomach. "People have been calling me Mrs. Yu for years. I've been a Yu longer than you have."

Jimin laughed. "Point taken, Mum."

"I, for one, can't wait for you to properly be Mrs. Yu," Siwon added, flipping the bacon with his spatula. "It's been long enough."

"That it has, dear. That it has," Tiffany said, her eyes shining as she pressed a quick kiss to his cheek. "Now away with the two of you. Go set the table."

Jimin and Minjeong left the room, smiling, taking handfuls of cutlery into the dining room, putting table mats around the table and the right amount of knives and forks.

"Your parents are cute," Minjeong muttered into Jimin's ear.

"You're telling me," Jimin said. "I think they're out-doing us in the cute couple factor."

Minjeong cocked an eyebrow, and grinned. "You want to give them a show?"

This was flirting. Minjeong was flirting. Right?

More than that, though, her eyes were twinkling, her face set in that same expression of cockiness and determination that she'd seen so many times before. She was offering her a challenge.

And Jimin was never one to back down.

Her lips quirked, her eyes shining as she grabbed her hand and said, "You're on."

Siwon and Minjeong entered the room then, with plates laden with fried eggs, bacon and pancakes. As they put the plates down, Minjeong darted towards Jimin and pressed a quick kiss to her cheek.

It took a while for her smile to die down.

With one look from Minjeong, a challenge had been set: Who Can Be The Grossest Couple was in motion, and Jimin was never one to back down from a challenge, certainly not from Minjeong, no matter how much this particular challenge made her stomach flip. The goal? Be the grossest, soppiest, most in-love couple possible.