One Hell of a Speech

The morning of the wedding dawned with sun streaming through Jimin's windows, and she found herself gently and pleasantly roused from sleep just a few minutes before her alarm. As she prepared her attire for the day, she resolved to herself that today would be different. She was not going to ruin her parents' wedding day by moping around. She'd made her mistakes, and she was dealing with them, and she was going to act on this day like the good daughter she was: thrilled and excited to see her parents finally tying the knot.

Downstairs was less serene than her room had been. Despite the early hour, the house was already in turmoil. All of Tiffany's female friends had showed up to help her get ready for the day, and when Jimin stumbled down the stairs, rubbing sleep out of her eyes, it seemed like half the town was parading through the house like a horde of elephants.

"Jimin!" one of them chided, as she hopped down from the last step, "Have you only just woken up? It's been mad down here, mad. Take these to your mother, she's in the living room!"

She shoved a bouquet of flowers at Jimin's chest, and she fumbled to catch them, taking a moment to decipher what the woman had just said to her.

"Okay," she mumbled, to the woman who had already left the room, and navigated her way through the house to the living room.

Tiffany was sitting in the eye of the storm, the only woman there not in a panic. She sat on a chair, a woman behind her brushing her hair out in broad strokes, twisting some of it around in a way that almost made Jimin wince. Tiffany's eyes lit up when she saw Jimin coming towards her, and a grin spread across her face.

"Hello!" she said, her eyes shining. "Nice to see you awake. Are those for me?"

"Yeah," Jimin said, and handed them to her. "A mysterious woman shoved them at me when I came down the stairs." Jimin looked around the house as if she'd only just noticed the people that had taken over their home. "Actually, now that I think about it, the whole house is filled with strange women. Where's Dad?"

A smile tugged at the edge of Tiffany's' lips. "I've been told very seriously that I'm not allowed to see him until I'm at the altar. Rather silly, really."

The hair stylist frowned. "She's impossible," she said, addressing Jimin. "I've already caught her trying to sneak Siwon in around the back, more than once. Don't you know it's bad luck?"

"Luck is for people younger than me," Tiffany said. "And it's not like I haven't been living with the man for over twenty years. What could possibly go wrong at this point?"

"She's got a point," Jimin said. The stylist glared at her.

"You couldn't just check on your father, would you? Make sure that Minho hasn't got into as much of a fuss as everyone here has, you know how he is," Tiffany said.

"No problem," Jimin said. "I'll bring him around the other entrance, where no one will see him."

"You will not!" the hair stylist snapped, and she sounded so scandalized that both Jimin and Tiffany burst into laughter.

The woman made a hmph sound, and Jimin and Tiffany smothered their giggles, their eyes meeting as they covered their grins with their hands.

"Good luck, Mum," Jimin said, as they finally stopped laughing. "I'll see you later."

"I don't need luck," Tiffany said, her eyes shining. "All I need is you and your father."

Jimin accepted a kiss on the cheek from her mother - "Don't smudge your make-up!" the stylist screamed - and then headed off out towards Minho's house.

Minho's house was the same, if not worse, as the Yu's home had been.

Instead of a dozen panicked women running around the house and gabbling about things not being sorted, Minho was the one panicking, hopping around the place and talking a mile a minute about how they were not going to be ready in time.