The Road to Happily Ever After

They left the beach with their hands tangled together, fingers interlocked, as close to each other as they could get, Jimin's head rested in the crook of Minjeong's neck. The music back at the reception had slowed down, people had moved to take hold of their respective partners, swaying gently to the rhythm. The barn was lit up by fairy lights, the white silk that Minjeong had thrown over the rafters practically glowing in the light.

Jimin's parents were in the centre, holding close to each other as they danced, acting as if all the world was no longer there. People's heads turned, however, when Jimin and Minjeong entered, and Jimin knew in that moment they had been the subject of all the town's gossip. Siwon tore his eyes away from Tiffany and noticed Jimin and Minjeong in the doorway. He gave them a nod, and looked at them expectantly, asking a question with his eyes.

Jimin wrapped her arms around Minjeong's waist and pulled her closer, the smile on her face strong enough to light up the whole room.

A grin spread across Jiyoung's features.

All the guests seemed to have noticed too, because all at once, a cheer rang out through the barn. Minjeong pressed a kiss into Jimin's head, and Jimin's cheeks turned pink from all the attention. For once, though, she was happy for it to be on her. In this moment, with her heart beating wildly in her chest, she would have been happy to shout it to the whole world that she was in love with Kim Minjeong, and Minjeong was in love with her. The world was slowly sliding back into place.

When the attention finally lifted off them, Jimin offered her hand to Minjeong. "Care for a dance, Miss Kim?"

"How could I refuse, Miss Yu?"

They spun around together on the dance floor, laughing into each other's shoulders as they stepped on each other's toes; Minjeong at least managing to be graceful while Jimin was all limb. Minjeong mumbled words to her, telling her where to put her feet as they danced, but it was no use; Jimin's dancing skills were catastrophic.

She let out another laugh, her eyes glittering, and Jimin didn't care that she was laughing at her, she just basked in it, thinking to herself that if she could spend the rest of her life making Minjeong laugh like that, then she could die happy.

"You're still horrible at this," Minjeong said, still smiling.

"I know," Jimin said. "Do you want to stop?"

"No."

"Me neither."

Eventually, they did stop, both of them gasping for breath. They were the second-to-last off the dance floor, beaten only by Siwon and Tiffany, who seemed not to suffer from aching legs or sore toes, too lost in each other to care. Jimin and Minjeong stumbled over towards the tables, dropping down into chairs and nursing their sore feet.

"Well, that's officially more exercise than I've done in years," Jimin muttered, tipping her head back against the back of the chair.

Minjeong giggled. "I'd believe it," she said. "I've seen you run."

"Don't be mean to me," Jimin whined, her eyes shut and tipping her head back. "I'm too tired to think of a comeback."

Minjeong laughed again, and Jimin felt her insides fill with a delicious warmth that she couldn't quite get enough of.

"Alright, no more dancing," she said, and pulled her up out of the chair, looping her arms easily with hers. "But we are not going to just sit here for the rest of the night"

Jimin let herself be swept up by Minjeong into the crowd, ready to meet with the other guests.

They met guest after guest, and this time, it wasn't uncomfortable when they cooed and asked probing questions. For the first time, they found themselves blissfully happy with the attention. They fielded question after question, even managed to dodge the really personal ones without descending into blushes, and all the while, they never let go of the other's hand.