2

"Maya gently whispered to me, "Ariana, wake up, we landed," as she lightly shook my arm. Feeling disoriented and groggy from the nap, I rubbed my eyes and slowly sat up from the plane seat. It took me a moment to realize where I was, but as my senses returned, I looked around and saw that most of the passengers had already disembarked.

"We already landed?" I asked, my voice still hoarse from sleep. Maya nodded and got up from her seat to grab our luggage from the overhead compartment. "Well yeah, the plane ride is only an hour," she replied with a smile.

I got up too and stretched my limbs, feeling a bit sore from sitting in the same position for an hour. We followed the rest of the passengers and made our way to the airport exit. As we stepped out of the airport, we called an Uber to bring us to the hotel where we would be staying for the next few days.

The drive to the hotel was uneventful, the Uber driver didn't talk to us and we didn't try to initiate any conversation either. Instead, we enjoyed the view outside the car window as we passed by different streets and buildings. We were both excited about what the trip had in store for us and couldn't wait to explore the city. As soon as we arrived at the hotel, I quickly grabbed the keys and made my way to our room. Upon entering, I turned to Maya and asked her what she wanted to do. She looked exhausted and without any hesitation jumped on the mattress saying, "Sleep, I'm so tired." I felt the same way after the long flight and replied, "Okay, I'm fine with that" and then jumped onto the other bed and closed my eyes.

A little while later, I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I picked it up and answered the call, and it was Nelly on the other end of the line. "Hello, sunshine," he said cheerfully. "Hi," I replied, still groggy from my nap. Nelly could tell I'd just woken up and said, "Wow, you sound like you just woke up."

I explained to him that Maya and I had taken a nap after landing, and he went on to tell me that he and the others had also landed and were heading to the hotel. I acknowledged this and said, "Okay, see you soon. Bye." After hanging up, Maya sat up on her bed and asked me who I was talking to.

"It was Nelly," I told her. "He was just letting me know they've arrived and are on their way to the hotel." Maya looked at me with a hint of disappointment and asked, "So, we have to get up and do stuff now?" I replied with a pouty face, "Sadly yes."

Maya and I started getting ready before the boys arrived at the hotel. We wanted to make the most of our day and explore the city. As we finished getting ready, we eagerly waited for the boys to let us know they had arrived at the hotel.

"I wonder if Matt and Jaren are already here," I asked Maya. "I'm not sure, but I'll text Jaren and ask him," she replied.

Maya quickly sent a text to Jaren and we patiently waited for his response. "They landed at the same time as the other guys and are on their way to the hotel now," Maya informed me.

Just then, I received a text from Nelson with their room number. Maya and I headed straight to their room and I nervously knocked on the door. To my relief, Max opened the door with a smile on his face.

628 words