They're not here

Song: False Confidence by Noah Kahan

The one I care for isn't by my side, yet I still envision a future with them.

They don't even know me, and over time, I'd learn to appreciate the good ones around me.

I've disappointed God so much that I feel guilty about considering going back. I fear I might repeat the same mistakes.

Right now, I need faith. I'm struggling with overthinking, but I'll try to focus and breathe.

I want to cry, but I feel like I deserve the pain because of my wrongdoings.

Looking at their picture, but I can't connect with them.

Publicly claiming you was a choice I made, though I feel foolish for it. I'm eagerly awaiting the day when my feelings for you fade away.

It's tormenting because you've never even acknowledged my existence. It's only in my dreams and fantasies.

I hate that I'm drawn to you, and I hate that it's just a fleeting infatuation at the end of the day.

From obsessively collecting memories of you and your family, to unfollowing everyone associated with you, I've gone through a rollercoaster of emotions. I hope you find someone you're interested in, so I can move on with my life.

When I was sick, I yearned to hold you close, just like in the movies.

Right now, I'm standing alone, grappling with my guilt towards God and my desire to let go of this crush. I long for happiness, a hug, a friend to lean on, someone to share moments under the sky with, even if it's just for a day.

Quiet sobs continue...

                     D.a.n.i.e.l.l.a