Unexpected Connection?

My hair remained a tangled mess.
There was no source of light in sight.
Here I was, in a loose gown that inadvertently revealed my cleavage. It wasn't my intention to show that, in fact, I felt insecure in that moment.
I needed to distract myself, so I hurried out of my dorm to find a place to recharge.

And there they were.
I had noticed them before.
They were taller than me, wearing pajama pants and a baggy outfit.
I couldn't explain why I felt different around them.

It felt futile, so I lowered my head and took a deep breath.

I was tired of my unsatisfied thoughts.
Feeling both unsatisfied and strangely calm in this dark world where I should be the light.

Then, they spoke to me.
"Are you going inside?"

What?! Did I hear correctly? Were they talking to me?
I raised my head to confirm.
Their eyes met mine, or maybe it was just my imagination.
I stuttered but managed to answer without overthinking.
I hoped I didn't come across as too awkward.

"Yeah, it's working now."
Short and simple.
I felt like I wouldn't get another chance to talk with them on that level, so I embraced the less than one-minute conversation and continued on my way.

As I closed the door to my dorm room, I took a deep breath and climbed onto my bed, staring up at the ceiling, feeling the worst fadeout.

Play basketball ball To relive my boredom... then I sighted them coming out from the library looking tired prolly from too much reading.

I felt unserious so I went back to my dorm, picked up my reading materials with my philosophy textbook

D.a.n.i.e.l.l.a