Chapter 6

"Koi haisiyat nahi rakhta mai bus tumhay pehle se agah kar raha tha"

"You know what? You are totally mad, you need to be get treated as soon as possible"

"Itna overreact karne ki zaroorat nahi-"

"Overreact? I am not overreacting Mr. Zain Ali, you need to think is tarah beech sarak mai gaari rok ke tum zabardasti mujh se baat karna chahtay ho? Do you think it's appropriate? Tumne baba se jhoot bola or unhon ne mujhe tumharay saath anay ko keh diya is aitemaad ke saath ke ghar ka bacha hai unhone is cheez ko ignore kardiya ke unki apni beti uncomfortable hogi, tumne apne abbu se jhoot bola zahir hai seedhay tareeqay se toh tum meray baba se baat nahi karsaktay thay, jhoot, dhoka, zabardasti in sub ke bawajood mai overreact kar rahi hoon? Don't you think ke agar meri jaga koi or larki hoti to is waqt tumhay police ke hawalay kar chuki hoti, tumhay nahi lagta-"

Her tone was sharp, furious, aggressive, as she addressed him while maintaining eye contact. However, he couldn't bring himself to meet her gaze, instead focusing on the road ahead through the windshield. Despite this, he intervened, his voice steady yet tinged with emotion.

"Achaaaa, maanta hoon it's not the right way"

He found himself at a loss for words, his carefully prepared speech fading into silence. As their eyes locked, he was met with a torrent of emotions reflected in her gaze: hurt, fury, and a depth of hatred he had never witnessed before. In that moment, he watched helplessly as the last vestiges of trust shattered between them.

She knew Zain was capable of anything, but she also knew he wouldn't betray her or her father's trust. When she had expressed discomfort being alone with him before, she had spoken the truth. In reality, she had never gone anywhere alone with a boy or a man. The only reason she had agreed to accompany Zain previously was because Mahrukh had been with them. But today, she had come with him despite her unease because she trusted her father's judgment, and her father trusted Zain.

All these emotions were reflected in her round, big doe-eyes. Zain could detect a subtle glare in her eyes, indicating that she was struggling to hold back tears. It was the first time he had seen her in this vulnerable state, and he realized that perhaps she was also feeling afraid. His words faltered, and he found himself at a loss for what to say or do.

"Do you want to say anything yan mai jaoun?"

She asked, her posture stiffening as she focused on the road ahead through the windshield.

"I'll drop you"

"Sorry to say but I don't trust you anymore"

With that, she unlocked the car's door and stepped outside. Opting for a rickshaw, she swiftly departed. Zain watched her leave, his gaze following her until she disappeared from sight. Alone in the car, he let out a frustrated sigh, gripping the steering wheel tightly with both hands.

"Shit"

He muttered aloud, acknowledging the mess he created himself.

•~•

As Mirha reached her home, she entered her room quietly, her actions reflecting the turmoil within her. Discarding her bag on the floor and her phone on the bed, she made her way to the bathroom. Turning on the tap, she began to wash her face repeatedly, as if trying to cleanse herself of the emotions swirling inside her. After several attempts, she turned off the tap and faced her reflection in the mirror.

Her eyes were red,

Was it anger or the pain that was causing her tears to well up? Should she confide in her dad about the incident?