chapter 19: Shadow punch

Harry left the star association to come and meet his mother. He decided to leave his mother here in this small city.

Before meeting his mother an invitation came from Liam's father to meet him.

Currently he is sitting with Liam's father "Daniel" in a garden watching beautiful scenery, although he was nervous but he didn't want to show it.

Daniel the king poured tea in the pot and served harry.
"Thank you for saving my son, i am grateful" daniel said.

"No.. he is my friend i just helped him as a friend" harry said giving a nervous smile.

"You can ask me anything you want" Daniel said.

Harry didn't want anything but then he thought of something why Liam brought him here to meet his father then he said
"Can i get the information about a person".

"Of course, if he is in our reach" Daniel replied.

"No it's not that big, i just want to know if someone named jason smith entered the domain 17-18 years ago" harry explained.

"I think it's a fair request, it'll be easy to find you can ask me anything else" Daniel replied with a gentle smile.

"Just protect my mother" harry asked.
"She can live here as long as she wants and this is the safest place in this city and i will also make sure of her safety" Daniel said.

"Thank you" harry said with a slight bow showing his sincerity.

Just give me 5 minutes i will ask someone to get your information. Daniel stood up and gave some instructions to someone.

That person came back in 5 minutes and talked for a while with Daniel.

"I don't know if it's good news or bad news, person named 'jason smith' we didn't find any information but there is something wrong with the time you mentioned. All the data related to certain month has been deleted." Daniel replied.

"Can you tell me what month it was" harry asked.

"I think it's September" Daniel said.

'Is it coincidence because dad also left in September, no it can't be' harry thought.

"If that person can delete information from the star association then you should stay away from him. He should be top of the ladder" Daniel said sizing up harry. He can't understand why harry wants to know about someone who can have the power to erase data from the star association.

"Thank you for the information" harry thanked the men and came to his mother.

"I got selected for the philosopher's academy, tomorrow i will be going there.
Sorry but you have to live here for a while"Harry said.

"It's okay, just don't do dangerous things" samantha said patting harry's head.

"I don't want to lose one to find another". Samantha said hugging harry.

Harry nodded in response.

___________

In the night sitting in one of the training rooms he is going through all the books that he got in the ring and he found 3 books and some notes.

One of them has the name 'shadow punch'.
When reading all the information in the book he was amazed with this punching technique.
There were detailed notes to learn it.

In this technique you can use your physical attacks while disguising a surprise soul attack.
The person you are fighting will be ready to defend the physical attack but when it will connect he will suffer injuries to his soul.

There are not many soul bodies but people usually learn how to defend against the soul body but with this technique they will be unable to defend against soul attacks.

Then the next book was named "soul eater".
It was the skill about how to devour souls to increase your soul cultivation and it has a sub skill which is 'soul search'. Once he eats a soul he can access its memories to some extent based on his level compared to devoured souls.

Although he won't kill someone to devour souls but if he somehow gets a chance without doing anything immoral then he won't back off from becoming strong.

Last book has the technique called "soul refinement". According to it this technique was made by founder of soul clan.
This has many technical terms like making pure soul energy and condensing it to the limits.
With help of notes he was able understand a thing or two.

In the end there were some notes, when he went through them he got some answers. It was related to how someone can transfer their soul and he found out that every time someone transfers their soul he lose their soul cultivation.
         Besides this downside there is a reason why people do this because normal soul bodies can't cultivate Their Qi cultivation faster and for some cultivaters they have next to no Qi, so they transfer their soul to high Qi cultivation person. That's how they get the best Qi cultivation with soul cultivation. They can always increase their soul cultivation if they suffer downfall from soul transfer.

But it was not useful for harry since he won't do anything like this and he already has a system which can increase his Qi cultivation unlike others.

In his hand was black sword he cut his finger and let the blood drop on the sword.

The sword started shining and then it started to float in mid air.
He grabbed it and suddenly he felt a slight surge of power coming to him it was not that big.
He swung it left and right but there were no side effects as he read in notes.

In the notes there was information about the sword.
According to it, the sword reacts to someone's desires most likely dark desires and the more dark desire someone has more power he can use but with that power the sword tries to take control of the user. Its more likely to provide power in a desperate situation, if you want to protect someone or want someone to die and take advantage of that situation to take control over the user's body.

"I think, I don't have any dark desires" but i should refrain myself from using it frequently.

Harry changed his attention to the other 2 books.
There were detailed notes, maybe written by that leader so he started going through them and practicing it.

Soul eater skill was easy to learn but he found out a downside of soul eater,user will suffer pain which the person has gone through while dying. And sometimes a skill user could lose his mind if the soul's owner has suffered intense pain for days before dying.

"It seems like i should be careful to use this skill, I don't want to suffer pain" harry thought while practicing shadow punch.

Shadow punch was more complicated because you have to hide every bit of soul energy in your punch. If you fail to hide soul energy while punching then the opponent can defend against it.

He practiced for 2 hour but was only successful to hide tiny amount of energy but if he goes like this then it will take some years to learn basic level shadow punch in which you can hide soul energy to some extent and people will be unable to detect, until you came closer but then it will be late for them to defend but same can't be said for experts.

For them 0.1 seconds is more than enough to make their move.
But what could he do about it ?, so he continued to practice it.

_-_-_--_-_-

Hey everyone! I hope you're all having a fantastic day. I just wanted to remind you all that I'm so grateful for your support and feedback on my novel so far. Your suggestions and comments mean the world to me, and I'm thrilled to see so many of you enjoying the story.

If you happen to spot any grammatical or spelling errors, please don't hesitate to let me know. I want to make sure this novel is the best it can be, and your help is invaluable.

And remember, if you have any ideas for the story, I'm all ears! I love hearing your thoughts and incorporating them into the plot.

Finally, don't forget to add this novel to your collection so you can stay up-to-date with all the latest updates. And if you leave a review, I'll even add an extra chapter as a thank you! Thanks again, everyone, and have a joyful day!