The hello: chapter 2

⚘ Millie ⚘

Millie

Beacon Hills is known for quite a few things such as: lots of woods, lacrosse, and unexplained history. And one thing about me is I'll never turn down the opportunity to explore.

My aunt Melissa has a huge patch of woods behind her house leading to god knows where, so I decided to go for a walk to find inspiration for a painting I'm starting. Painting has been one of my talents for a while, but finding inspiration is always a challenge.

As a girl with many desires, I often find myself yearning to express my inner thoughts and emotions through my artwork. However, I often struggle with a lack of creativity, finding it easier to paint objects and settings that are familiar to me. There is a certain comfort and ease in painting what I know, as it allows me to fully connect with my work on a deeper level.

I believe that the true beauty and meaning of a painting lies in the connection that is formed between the artist and their creation. When my soul connects to a piece, when my heart feels at peace with the strokes of my brush, that is when I know that I have created something truly special. It is in those moments of connection that I feel the most fulfilled as an artist.

I held my camera in my hand as I walked down the path of the woods. The trees blocked out just enough sun to protect me from the heat. I finally managed to spot a sign, 'Beacon Hills Persevere: no entry after dark.' I lifted the chain up, ducking under it, continuing to walk.

This is a place I'm not familiar with, so following the path is my only option at the moment. The path began to get more muddy and the sound of water got louder, which meant I was close to what I'm assuming is a lake.

I followed the light sound of water until I was met with a long dock, surrounded by water. There were no houses nor people in sight, so I was alone; alone in thought. 'Unpile the missing piece.' Rang through my head, over and over.

I take a deep breath and take in the peace in silence, it felt like everything ever put onto of me was slowly lifted and the water filling my lungs slowly escaped as I emerged from the water. Everything in the last few months taught me how important being alone is, sometimes being alone can teach you lessons you wouldn't learn from being surrounded by faces.

My legs dangled into the water as I laid my upper body onto the dock, letting the sun soak into my skin. Minutes turned into an hour, the heart turned into a breeze, and the sun faded into a dim shadow. I've taken multiple photos of the water, including the amazing landscape.

As I rise from the dock, I see a boy standing on the opposite end and my camera slips from my grasp. "Oh my goodness!" I whisper, clutching my chest. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I'm not used to seeing people around here," he says, bending down to pick up my camera. "Do you enjoy taking photos?" He questions.