Flower Vase

The bell began to ring, announcing the start of the lunch period. I rose from my seat and was about to head out to the cafeteria, but Chabashira-sensei suddenly called out to me from the podium.

"Ayanokouji-kun...."

"Hm?"

"Can I have some of your time? I need your help with something."

"What it is?"

"Come with me."

She grabs her bag and left the classroom. I soon followed her and we began walking towards the direction of the guidance office.

As soon as we reached the place, she slumped down her bag onto the couch and took out something from underneath her desk. It was a large blue bag filled with brushes and cans of paint.

"The members of the art club were supposed to take these from me yesterday, but looks like they already forgot about it."

"Let me guess, you want me to give these back to them."

"Exactly. Sorry that I'm asking your help for this."

"It's fine, I don't mind."

It's not like I have anything much to do anyway. My plan for the entire lunch period is just to stay at the rooftop until class resumes. Even if I said no, she'd persist with me, so the effort is useless.

"By the way, what did they use these materials for?"

"An art project. Did you see the statues outside the school? All the art club members worked hard to finish it yesterday."

"I see..."

"Alright. I'll entrust you with this one."

She hands me the bag. The moment I took it from her, I immediately felt its weight. It's quite heavy. I took a tiny peek from inside before leaving the office. I headed towards the elevator and saw two female students standing in front of the door, waiting for it to open.

I decided to wait along with them. One of the girls noticed me and took a short glance at the bag I was holding. And as if a light switch had been flipped, their conversation began.

"Hey, remember that one student who was kicked out of the art club because of that incident?"

"No clue. Is it something something serious?"

Girls, if you plan on having a gossip, make sure nobody else's listening. I can hear them loud and clear. Meanwhile, I just stood behind them as their conversation kept going until the elevator door opened.

The two girls and I entered inside. I pressed the button to the second floor, since the art club is somrwhere there. Soon, the elevator began to ascend. Thank goodness the school decided to have an elevator. Otherwise, I'll be carrying a heavy bag on flights of stairs.

"Do you think the culprit is a first-year or a senior?"

They're still going at it...

Their talk continued on, and on, and on until we reached the second floor. The story almost reaches its climax, but unfortunately, we exited and parted ways. Them, heading towards the classroom at the right, while me heading towards the art club just straight ahead. Upon my arrival, I knocked on the door and waited patiently for a response, but no one answered. I grabbed the knob and attempted to open the door, but it was locked.

"What are you doing?"

A voice from behind me suddenly caught me off guard, causing me to almost drop the bag I was holding. I looked behind me and saw a girl with purple hair and a stern face, leaning her back against the wall.