Roll Credits - Part 1

A woman with brown hair tied to a ponytail wanders around the campus, and is seemed to be looking for a certain person. She continued walking until she winds up at the back of the first-year building, there, she sees a young man with brown hair and an apathetic face standing next to a vending machine, waiting dor his drink to drop down.

"Ayanokouji-kun."

"Oh, sensei. What brings you here?"

"I just noticed that a student is not joining his classmates with their celebration. So I tried looking for him."

Kiyotaka hears sound of a can hitting the bottom of the vending machine. He then picks it up and tosses it towards Sae, she wasn't expecting such action from him and had a hard time catching the drink with her hands.

"Are you okay with max coffee?"

"I can dig it."

After waiting for a couple of seconds, Kiyotaka picks up another can from the machine, the same drink that he gave Sae. They both opened their cans before drinking it together at the same time.

"Tomorrow is going to be graduation day."

"Yeah, I bet you the other won't be able to sleep well because of too much excitement."

The sun behind them is about to set, painting the sky in deep orange and purple as the night is slowly approaching.

"Wanna go for a walk, sensei?"

"Sure, I have time."

They left the back of the building and walked side by side, they decided to continue their conversation at the park. They walk alongside the bricked floor with lights placed on top of the trees that are lined up at the side of the pathway.

"Neh, Ayanokouji-kun, what's your plan after this?"

The guy didn't answer the question immediately, instead, he took a few seconds to think of an answer.

Is he going to tell her that he's going back to the place he doesn't want to return to? Or is he going to come up with a lie and tell her about enrolling to a university?

"I..."

"Hm?"

Kiyotaka sighed, he knows that Sae is unaware of his situation. But since he kept the white room as a secret for quite some time, revealing something like that all of a sudden would just be awkward for both of them.

"I'm still thinking about it."

That's it, the only answer he can come up with. The safest one.

"Well, considering how smart you are, you can probably fit in any prestigious university in tokyo. I think your father would be happy if you find your own path to take."

A path to take, huh?

Little did she know, a future was already built for him. Something that his father, the man he despied, had already planned for his own son, and he has no other choice but to accept it, considering how poweful the man is, fighting back is useless.

"I'll take note of that."

Despite that, he has no plan on revealing such information to his teacher, who finds to ne enjoying his company in the middle of the setting day.

"So yeah, we finally did it, huh? We reached Class-A, are you happy?"

"I'm beyond happy at this point, and I guess I could thank you for that, Ayanokouji-kun."

In the past, she tried blackmailing him into doing her bidding, which is reaching Class-A. If not, then she'll guarantee his expulsion, something that enrages Kiyotaka, but it's already in the past, and he's not interested in bringing that up as a topic of their conversation.

But still, he finds it amazing that over the past three years, he manage to see the development of Sae, from a cold and arrogant, to be a caring and kind teacher that helped them reach their goal.

Now, it finally came true. She and Kiyotaka's classmates are graduating as Class-A. Something that Sae has always been dreaming of is about to begin tomorrow at the closing ceremony.

She cannot express how happy she is, words aren't enough to describe how much she owes the guy next to her for the amount of effort he put in in order to fufill her once selfish wish.

Sae stopped on her tracks, causing Kiyotaka to turn towards her. He cannot tell what expression she's making because she's facing the ground.

"Thank you, so so much..."

Her voice was trembling, and it shows just by the way she spoke.

Then, all of a sudden, she quickly walked towards Kiyotaka, grabbed him by the collar and wraped her arms around his neck before gently embracing him, not caring that someone might see them, a student and a teacher hugging each other under the moonlight.

". . ."

". . ."

With their bodies touching each other, not only can Kiyotaka feel the warmth Sae is giving, but as well as her heart beating faster as seconds pass by.

"You may not know this, but looks like I've developed romantic feelings for you."

"Please don't say that, I might fall for you."

Sae lightly giggles over his words, but knoeing how much she treasures this moment with him, her arms remained glue to Kiyotaka, not wanting to let go, wishing for this moment to stay as long as she wants.

Kiyotaka respond to this by also wrapper his arms around her waist, and gently leaned his face to Sae's neck. He gets to smell the citrus perfume she was using, but he paid more attention to the warmth of their bodies.

Seconds have passed...

Minutes have passed...

The two cannot tell how long they've been embracing each other, it's as if time stopped for a while for them to share this moment together.

Kiyotaka thought to himself, that maybe if Sae was aroumd his age, then there's a big chance that he might've tried falling in love with her and maybe, just maybe, he can understand more of the love he was longing for, not just a book nor a sort of curriculum, but a true human feelings that he wasn't able to experience back in the white room.

But because of their age gap, that is not possible. Not yet atleast. Only time could tell.

"Alright then, I guess that's enough for now."

After letting go of each other, Sae looked deeply into Kiyotaka's eyes before smiling at him.

"I must head back now. I have to prepare for the graduation ceremony tomorrow."

Kiyotaka looked around him, and without realizing it, the two found themselves standing next to the teachers' office. What at first seemed to be a normal walk, casually became a trip back to the building where they first left off.

"Well, I guess this will be the last time we get to talk to each other."

"What do you mean last? We can still have a talk at the graduation ceremony tomorrow, right?"

Sadly for her, Kiyotaka won't be there tomorrow to witness his classmates walk up the stage.

"I guess."

He smiled, but there's a hint of sadness inside it, but Sae wasn't able to notice it.

Before she starts heading back to the office, Sae turned towards Kiyotaka and extends her cold hands that caress both sides of Kiyotaka's warm cheeks. Before it all ends, she has one more message for him.

"In the end, only you get to decide what you want to do in the future, okay? Nobody else."

"I'll... I'll take note of that."

With his answer, Sae wore a satisfied look on her face, finally putting an end to their conversation as she leaves. Her figure slowly dissapeared from Kiyotaka's sight.

Seconds later, snow began to fall from the night sky, Kiyotaka extends his hands and catches a snow dropping down his palm. That's when he remembers the warmth that Sae gave him just a few minutes ago. His breath began to show with the coming of the cold weather. After putting his hands back in his pockets, Kiyotaka gives the sky one final look before making his way back to the dorms.