Married

The next day.

Lan Qiren looked at Jiang Cheng who donned a dark face so early in the morning while on the other side was his (LQ) nephew who had a bright smile on his face... albeit the mark on his cheek was the same color as Jiang Cheng's uniform (purple – in short, it is a bruise lol).

"Ehem, so... sect leader Jiang – " Lan Qiren cleared his throat to break the deafening silence between the three of them. As to why the relatives (WWX, LWJ, and JL) were not here... it is because Lan Wangji has to coax Wei Wuxian who still can't accept the wedding while Jin Ling has his own classes to take yet.

And as to why Lan Qiren did not call Jiang Cheng his nephew yet –

"Uncle." Lan Xichen cut Lan Qiren off. "Let me send him to the YunmengJiang Sect." he spoke. This is his duty as he is now Jiang Cheng's husband. Because even if the two of them were already married, both of them were still the leaders of their respective sects. So, Jiang Cheng has to return to the YunmengJiang Sect to resume his duties despite the wedding night having just finished.

Lan Qiren... he would have praised his nephew if this was as usual. But right now... "..." are you sure you will, with that bruise on your face? He thought as he looked at the very conspicuous bruise on Lan Xichen's cheek which is a blasphemy to his handsome face.

Jiang Cheng, fortunately, wanted to save some face, too. "It's fine." He spoke as he placed the cup down. He has already finished drinking the cup as a respect to Lan Xichen – his husband's, elder. "I'm going back alone." He said. He nodded at Lan Qiren before he rose and turned to leave.

"Wait!" Lan Xichen called and immediately ran after Jiang Cheng. "I have to accompany you – " he said and was about to reach Jiang Cheng's arm but it was as if Jiang Cheng grew an eye on the back of his head... or was it just a coincidence, that he turned, making Lan Xichen miss to grab him.

"Why, sect leader Lan?" Jiang Cheng finally looked at Lan Xichen's face. "We both know that nothing happened between us last night, so there is no reason for me to feel ill today and would not be in my best state to go to work?" he said.

Lan Xichen froze.

"Also – " Jiang Cheng looked at Lan Qiren who wanted to place a palm on his forehead. " – I was informed that the other groom would not be you... and yet you showed up last night. I have yet to get an explanation from that." He said as he coldly looked at Lan Xichen.

Lan Xichen's face soured when he heard Jiang Cheng say this. "Why, is sect leader Jiang dissatisfied with me?" he asked as he looked at Jiang Cheng. "Also, I was originally the other groom, so everything was done as it should be!" he said. "Yet, not only did you spit the wedding wine on my face last night after you saw me... you also hit me!" he complained as he pointed to the bruise on his cheek.

Jiang Cheng's eyes narrowed as he grimly laughed when he heard what Lan Xichen said. He wanted to say something, but in the end decided not to since not only he is going to be late for work, but he also doesn't want to continue this meaningless quarrel, especially in front of Lan Qiren.

"Hey!" Lan Xichen called Jiang Cheng but the other was too fast to leave. Lan Xichen himself has his own sect to take care of and it is time to work in a short while. So, he could only sigh and regretfully leave.

Meanwhile, Lan Qiren felt like fainting from these two's quarrel. If only he knew that these two would clash as soon as the day after their wedding... is it too late to regret it?!

(A/N: well, what do you expect of the XiCheng's married life?! XDDDD)