Chapter 34

Eventually Nico was too squirmy to really snuggle anymore and Raina decided it was time to get up. "Alright, wiggle worm, let's get started on the day," she said, sitting up and stretching.

Nico rolled onto her back and stretched out starfish style, giggling as Raina reached over to tickle her sides a bit. She curled up in a ball and pouted at Raina. "No tickling!" She squealed.

"Fine, fine, I won't tickle you anymore," Raina said, rolling her eyes with a smile. "How about some chocolate milk and a little toast for breakfast?" She picked up the pacifier Nico had dropped during her tickling and slipped it into her pocket.

Nico sighed, but nodded. There was probably little use in arguing about the toast and it didn't sound horrible, so she may as well try and stomach it. She squeaked in surprise as Raina stood and scooped her up off the couch.

"Potty first?" Raina asked, kissing Nico's blushing cheeks after she nodded. She set Nico down on the toilet again, then headed into her own bathroom to get cleaned up herself. She washed her face, brushed her teeth, and pulled her hair up into a ponytail. After putting on fresh clothes, she walked back towards the bathroom and nearly ran into Nico, who was one-legged hopping down the hallway. "Uh, excuse me. What do you think you're doing?"

"I'm not walkin'!" Nico said, putting a hand on the wall for stability.

"And what if you fall down, hm?" Raina asked, folding her arms across her chest.

Nico shrugged and hopped again, right into Raina's waiting arms. She grunted as Raina scooped her up and wriggled to get down, at least until Raina gave her a stern look. She stilled and pouted as she was carried into the kitchen for breakfast.

Raina set Nico down on a chair at the counter, but felt fists on her shirt as she stood up. Nico still had ahold of her. "What is it, love?" She asked.

Nico looked up at her and pouted. "Up," she whined as she put her arms up toward Raina.

Raina chuckled and took each of Nico's hands in her own. "I have to make your toast. Then I'll hold you all morning," she replied with a kiss to Nico's forehead. She was just starting to understand how clingy little Nico was, not that she was complaining. She'd missed having someone so desperate for her attention and affection.

Nico pouted and rested her folded arms on the counter. She wanted to be held, she didn't care about breakfast. At least Raina said that she'd get some chocolate milk, that was something. She idly swung her feet as she watched Raina moved around the kitchen.

Raina quickly popped bread into the toaster, started the coffee maker, and mixed up a glass of chocolate milk for Nico. Within a few minutes, she was setting a plate of toast in front of Nico along with the glass of milk. She was gathering up her own plate and coffee mug and getting settled on a seat next to Nico when she saw her struggling with her glass. Raina was sure it'd get spilled if she didn't intervene.

"Oookay, pumpkin. Let me get you something else," she chuckled, standing up again. She went over to a the cabinet above the fridge and popped open the door, pulling out a blue and purple sippy cup. Initially she thought Nico might object, but she simply watched Raina transfer the liquid from one vessel to another.

Nico accepted the sippy cup and immediately put the spout in her mouth with a smile. She drank about half of it before touching her toast, which she mostly picked at.

Raina finished her own food and was sipping on her coffee when she finally glanced over to check Nico's progress. The sippy cup was nearly empty, but there were only a few bites of toast missing. "Do want some help?" She asked.

Nico shrugged and pushed the toast around her plate with one finger.

Raina pulled Nico over into her lap and tore a piece of toast off. She held it up in front of Nico's mouth expectantly. When Nico didn't respond, she sighed. "Open please," she said. She placed the bite in once Nico opened her mouth and she kissed the side of Nico's head. "Such a good girl," she cooed, chuckling as Nico snuggled back into her shyly.