Christmas: It's Hard to Appreciate Walking After you Thought You Could Fly

The P2 had insisted on providing the groceries necessary for Christmas Eve's dinner. Such quality items had been a novelty to the Pescatores and the Felices. Margherita had asked everyone to bring their favorite Christmas ornament, if they had one; this was a long-shared tradition between the two families.

The P2 showed up at the Pescatore's at four in the afternoon on Christmas Eve, as requested. It seemed ungodly early. No gala the P2 had ever attended had started before seven at night, and typically later. Yet, this was no gala, clearly, and Margherita had mentioned informal attire was of the essence ("Just make sure you're festive and comfortable"). However, what would they do until dinner?

Margherita opened the front door in a gigantic red hoodie. If she pulled up the hood it was a Santa's hat. 

Luca had never seen a goofier outfit and found it outrageously cute

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Luca had never seen a goofier outfit and found it outrageously cute. Chiara had a dark green sweater on but wore silver tinsel like a scarf and a couple Christmas ornament pinned here and there.

Sam was dashing in black slacks and a red button-down shirt. Giu, who seemed to run hot most of the time, wore a dark green t-shirt with a Christmas tree and a dark blazer (so much for informal!). Lorenzo was cozy in a white cashmere sweater, and Re...Re wore all black.

Margherita smirked, pulling him inside by his hand. "What part of 'festive' did you not get?"

Her hand on his was enough to cause a full tilt. He didn't care about Christmas, the families, the P2; he just wanted to drag Margherita into a room and make out till they dropped. And he had stamina.

Somehow, he mumbled, "All of it?" Margherita pulled some golden tinsel that had been hanging from a curtain rod and draped it around Re. "There you go."

He smiled, in a daze, entirely at Margherita's mercy. She dropped his hand to help with sorting the groceries, and his smile waned.

Alessandro bounced on Re like a spring-loaded toy. "Re! I missed you!"

Lorenzo's eyes bulged out of his head at the scene. When had Re gotten so cozy with Pescatore's family? (Very early on, in fact. Re had shown up at Margherita's house when she'd been sick, not even three months after she'd transferred into the academy.)

"Me too, buddy." Re's eyes glittered with emotion. He beamed at the parents. "Mom, Dad."

Mom flew into his arms. She was so tiny, it was ridiculous. Dad also hugged him, proceeding to introduce himself to the rest of the P2.

Luca was obviously moved. He mumbled, "Thank you. Thank you for having us." He gestured at the P2. "These guys, well, they're my family, really."

A flurry of introductions ensued. Four parents, Chiara, Marco, Margherita, little Alessandro, and the P2, made twelve people crammed in the tiny two-bedroom apartment.

Giuliano had never seen Re like this—not remotely. He leaned against his friend's side and whispered, "My dude, you're in love, like...really in love."