Unraveling

**The first scene contains some sexual content. Skip it if this stuff bothers you!**

Sam watched it all happen—Chiara leaning in to whisper in Giuliano's ear, then kissing him almost on the lips—unaware that he was rhythmically banging the side of his head against the window jamb. 

Chiara, unexpectedly, strode toward the main building.

Behind her, Giuliano relaxed in his chair, leaning his head back and exhaling heavily. Sam knew exactly what had happened, what Giuliano had passed on and why. Sam was so grateful for Giuliano's friendship, proud of his friend's strength, but also miserable, for himself, and for Giuliano.

Chiara entered the building, and drunken Sam was overcome with fury. He rushed her into a corner and started kissing her neck before she'd even had time to think. Chiara was drunk and melted in his arms, moaning.

Fu-uuuck. Sam had never been this turned on. He grazed her neck, gently biting her ear. His hands reached under her sweater, thumbs skimming the soft, warm skin above her jeans.

She threw back her curls, wrapping a leg around his, licking his ear. Sam's voice was hoarse. "I want you."

She bit his ear and grabbed his crotch, stroking him through the fabric of his pants.

Giuliano cleared his throat.

Chiara's extended one drunken arm to include him in the hug. Sam, breathing hard, leaned his forehead onto her shoulder. Giuliano steered them out of the building. "Kids, if tomorrow you're still of the same mind, no one will stop you, but you called me here to prevent you from doing just this."

Chiara moped. "Actually, I called you here hoping to do exactly this."

Sam was hiding his face into his hands.

Giuliano said, "Chiara, you were going to the bathroom, right?" She nodded. "I'll get the check."

Chiara walked away, wobbling a little. Giuliano put his hands on Sam's shoulders. "Are you okay?"

Sam shook his head, and nestled into Giuliano's arms. Giuliano hugged him until Sam calmed down. Then Giuliano went to check on Chiara, who'd been vomiting her soul in the ladies room. He helped her clean up and called a ride to Sam's studio.

Chiara texted her mom she'd stay at Margherita's, then texted Marghe that she'd gotten drunk with Sam and Giuliano and was spending the night at Sam's. "Chill out. No sex involved—unfortunately. Cover for me?" Margherita must have been sleeping, unsurprisingly, it was one in the morning, because she did not answer.

Jagged regrets pushed their way around Chiara's spinning mind. She felt awful and nauseous.

At the studio, Giuliano, who was the most sober of the three, forced everyone to drink lots of water then helped them change into comfortable clothes. Sam was already passed out in his bed, when Giu helped Chiara.