Chapter 7

As the realization dawned on me, a surge of determination coursed through my veins. I couldn't change the plot, but I could shape the future without harming anyone. With a resolve as solid as steel, I knew what I had to do.

"Ni-ki, there's something else," I began, my voice steady despite the tumult of emotions swirling within me. "The night of the aasassination  attack... I saw someone." I pause for a while before I met his cold stare. The eyes that doesn't show any emotion.

Ni-ki's expression shifted, curiosity mingling with apprehension. "Who?" he asked, his gaze fixed on mine.

"I was walking toward the other side inside of the palace banquet when I saw someone talking to a lot of people who are wearing black clothes that has a fur." I recounted, the memories of that fateful night flooding back. "I saw a women talking to them, I didn't saw her face but I saw that she was wearing a golden hairpin that has a design of redrose and a dragon that has a diamond.." Said while remembering every small details that I can remember.

"golden hairpin that has a design of redrose and a dragon that has a diamond,you say?" He said like he realize something.

"Don't ever tell what you saw to anyone." He said with a warning tone on his voice .

"Oh, no worries even If I tell them no one would believe a commoner like me." I said trying to make the athmosphere a little light.

Ni-ki's expression darkened, a shadow passing over his features as he absorbed my words. "You must promise me," he insisted, his voice low and urgent. "Promise me that you won't breathe a word of this to anyone. "

"I promise your majesty." His intensity took me aback, but I nodded solemnly, understanding the gravity of the situation. "I promise," I vowed, my voice barely above a whisper. "I won't say a word."

With a sense of unease settling over us, Ni-ki and I lapsed into a tense silence, the weight of our conversation hanging heavy in the air.

"He won't get away find the crown prince." We heard some of the passing guard said. Luckily they didn't see where we are hiding.

As the sound of approaching footsteps faded into the distance, Ni-ki and I exchanged a wary glance. Like our eyes are the one talking without any word.

"We should get going now, I should head back to the palace." He said before he look around.
I nod at him , he started to walk away while I look at his back.

While I walk toward the busy street, something made me wonder... does he know who's the culprit for the assassination? Why does he want me to be quiet about it?

I can't help but be lost on my own thought,knowing this is just the start of every problem that he will be facing.

"Oh,Hera it's nice to see you here." I didn't realize I'm infront of the female lead. I look around and saw the higher priest with her.

"Greetings, Lady Lusi." I said before I bow at her.

"We didn't have enough time to talk yesterday and there's a big commotion that happen last night too." She said before she kove closer to me.

"Don't you know that crown prince was dangerous, he was a killer, it is said that he was the one who plan the assassination of the king last night." She said to me that somehow made me a little bit mad but i keep my composure.

How could she speak of the crown prince with such certainty, casting judgment without a shred of evidence? It was clear to me now that the web of lies and deceit stretched far beyond what I had initially imagined.

Talking bad behind someone's back without knowing what really happen and does she even saw the whole thing for her to assume that the crown prince was the one who plotted it? It's not a nice thing to do. I didn't make her character like this.. She was supposed to be kind but why is she saying things like this?

"Sorry my lady, but I don't believer an rumors until it was proven true." I said before I bow.

"then do you think the divone priest and me are all liar?" she said with a serious tone.

"It's not that I'm telling that the high priest and you lady are a liar, it's just there is no proof that he did it." She just smile at me weirdly.

"Is that so? Don't worry sooner or later the culprit will tell who is their boss." she said aftwr she said that making me look at her confused.

As she walk away from me something from her hair caught my eye....

Her hairpin.... It's the same as the one who was talking to all the black men with fur.. But it's not enough to say she is that women.... Many women can have that kind of hairpin.

"is it possible? The one whom I made kind and respected by many is the one who's behind this?"I can't help but to whisper to my self.

As I stood there, grappling with the weight of my suspicions, a sense of betrayal washed over me. How could someone I had made  to  be kind, and helpful to others  be capable of such thing if she was really involved.

It keeps on running on my mind until I realize what Ni-ki said... "Is this the reason why he wanted Me to keep what I saw a secret.... Because he doesn't want anyone to know that Lusi is the one who plotted everything?"Does he fall for her already like how he love her so much on my novel?

When I reach my home... I suddenly run out  of energy and just sit on the sofa.

"Why does it look like this is the novel that I wrote but at the same time it felt like it's not. " I whisper before I close my eyes.