Chapter 20

Why does it feel like I don't know the plot of the novel already? I didn't wrote anything about the King collapsing nor being sick in this early time.

When Ni-ki already calm down after crying, he fell asleep that's why I hurriedly goes to my room and look for the notes that I was looking for.

"This was not on the novel." I said while scanning all of my notes, the king will have a sickness but not suddenly collapsing like this.

I was about to go out of my room when i saw sunghoon heading toward me.

"Greetings, sorry for visiting you at this time of the day but the King gain consiousness and he wanted to see you the mage already left." My eyes widen because what he said.

"What are you waiting for let's go." I said before I run toward the King's room without minding anyone.

I entered the King's chamber, heart pounding with anticipation. The room was dimly lit, casting long shadows on the ornate tapestries that adorned the walls. The King lay in his bed, his face pale and drawn, yet there was a flicker of determination in his eyes.

"Your Majesty," I said, bowing deeply as I approached his bedside.

"Ah, Hera." the King rasped, his voice weak but filled with a quiet strength. "I apologize for summoning you at such an hour, but there are matters of great importance that we must discuss."

I nodded, feeling a surge of apprehension. What could the King possibly want to discuss with me, a mere scribe?

"As you know," the King began, his voice growing stronger with each word, "I know you are not from this world." He said that makes me speechless, how can he say it?

"You see I'm getting weaker, I know someone wanted to take over the my place for a long time already,therefore I want you to keep quiet about my condition, As I've been sick i wanted you to be the one bringing all of my foods, I know I can count on you, you are different from all the people here, just like my 1st wife Prince Ni-ki's real mother, the one who just suddenly show in this kingdom she also know what would happen in the future without any divine power." He pause for a little before he gold my hand. " I know you're just like her, I've been finding your where abouts but nothing can be seen just like her you also know the future, I wanted you to take care of the crown prince for me if ever my body doesn't survive my sickness, someone has been making me become sick ." He said before he cough, i don't know what to say nor to react.

As the weight of the King's words settled on my shoulders, I realized the enormity of the task he was entrusting me with. To keep his illness a secret, to care for the crown prince, and to unravel the mystery of who sought to harm him—all while navigating the intricate web of palace politics and intrigue.

I will do as you ask, Your Majesty," I whispered, my voice barely audible above the hushed confines of the chamber. "You have my word."

The King nodded, a shadow of relief passing over his features. "Thank you, Hera. I trust you more than anyone else in this kingdom."

"You can go now, keep everything about our conversation a secret." He said before he smile at me like how a father smile at his daughter.

As I stepped out into the cool night air, I knew that the path ahead would be fraught with danger and uncertainty Although I know already who was surely planning killing the King for the power.

"How was the talk with the King did he say something?" I got startled when sunghoon suddenly show up infront of me.

"Nothing he just said I should be the one to serve as him his meal from now on." Even though I know sunghoon can be trusted I can't still say what the King and I talked about because I made a promise to keep everything a secret. I can't ruin his trust.

Sunghoon regarded me with a curious expression, his eyes searching mine for any hint of the truth. "Is that all he said? You seem troubled."

I forced a smile, trying to mask the turmoil brewing within me. "Yes, that's all. The King just wants me to take on more responsibilities."

He nodded, seemingly satisfied with my response. "Well, if you need any help with your new duties, don't hesitate to ask. I'm here to assist you in any way I can."

I silently goes to Ni-ki's room, I don't know I kust found his room more peaceful and calming unlike my room which always makes me think about a lot of things.

I look at his sleeping face,he look so tired and drain but still he's still handsome. I move closer to his face .

"I will make you one of the Greatest King, I will promise that ,this time you will have a happy ending." I softly whisper before I fix his bed comforter.

I decided to just lay on the sofa since I don't want to go to my room. I close my eyes and drifted to sleep.

When I woke up I am already in a comfortable bed.I look around and saw no one in the room.

Feeling disoriented, I sat up in the Ni-ki's bed, trying to piece together the events of the previous night. As fragments of memories flooded my mind—the King's revelation, my solemn promise to him, and the weight of the responsibilities now resting on my shoulders—a sense of determination washed over me.

I rose from the bed and made a breakfast for Ni-ki before I made my way to the King's chamber, intent on fulfilling my duties as his trusted confidante and protector of the realm.

Upon entering the chamber, I found the King awake and alert, a weak smile playing on his lips as he greeted me.