Chapter 23

"Hera, wake up." I heard someone said, my body felt so cold like I've been thrown in a water that was full of ice.

I slowly open my eyes just to see a familiar face, he look so worried and full of bruises. What is this place it's like an abondoned tower that doesn't have any window.

"Don't come near me." I said out loudly even though I'm already feeling so cold.

"Calm down, it's me, the real crown prince." He calmly said before he tried touching my face to face him.

"How can I believe that it's you?" I said while not keeping my guard down.

"I was the one who's trying to talked to you before he woke you up." He said that made me look at him suspiciously.

"That's not enough to prove that--" I didn't manage to continue what I was saying when he pull me closer to him and hug me tightly until I can feel his heartbeat.

"Is my heartbeat enough? An impostor heart won't beat this much because he doesn't like you, while I like you." He whisper slowly to my ears which also made my heart beat faster.

"W-what did you just say?" I said while trying to get away from his hug because right now my heart is beating fast just like his.

"I like you...you are my person Hera." He said while looking at me.

"You... you like me?" I stammered, my voice barely a whisper amidst the echoes of the abandoned tower.He just nodded at me.

"How did we ended up in this tower? Is there a way out?" I ask , I should calm myself a little.

"This is the dark tower, the dark mages are the one who put us here, they can imitate people , I don't know how they manage to enter the palace but one things for sure we needed to get back." He said.

So this is the dark tower whom I made in my story wherein black mages are here... if that is the case then I know who's the head of them...but even if I know him and his character how can he help us escape? How can he free us...

"No one is here , the mages are a dark shadows they see us but we can't see them unless we know how to call the most powerful among them." Ni-ki said before he tried looking around when an event and idea suddenly came out of my mind.

" I know your name,therefore I am calling you , Show yourself the shadow darkness PARK JONGSEONG!!" I said out loudly.

As I called out the name, a chilling silence filled the tower, broken only by the sound of our breathing. Ni-ki's grip tightened around me, his unease matching mine. Then, from the shadows, a figure emerged, shrouded in darkness but unmistakably human.

"How dare a useless human called me." the figure spoke, his voice a haunting echo. "How did you know my name." His voice was so cold , it was intimidating.

"It doesn't matter how I know your name, set us free already Park Jongseong or should I say Jay." I'm glad I didn't stammer while saying it.

"You're bold enough to talk to a powerful dark mage lady." He said before he smirk at me. " there are rules in this tower before you can get out." He suddenly appear in-front of me.

I just nodded, my mind racing. In the stories I crafted, there was always a way out, a loophole to exploit. But this was no story; it was our reality, and the consequences were all too real.

"Perhaps there's a way we can strike a deal," Ni-ki interjected, his voice steady despite the tension thick in the air.

"We don't accept deal." He devilishly said before he looks at me." Only one way to get out of here is to face your own nightmare if you survive, you will be free if you don't you'll die." He said while smiling at us.

"That was unfair!!" Ni-ki said out loudly which made Jay smile more.

"Take it or leave it , you choose." He suddenly show us something with his black smoke, the impostor that was portraying to be us. "Clock is ticking." He said again before the black smokes are gone.

"We can do this." I said bravely to Ni-ki who's now looking at me .

"I'm not worried about myself , I am worried about you." He said before he hild my hand tightly.

"We will be both free here, trust me, we can do this." I said before I give him a reassuring smile.

"I trust you... let's see each other outside the dark tower after we both survive...but if only you survive don't wait for me and save yourself." He said before he look at Jay.

"We take the challenge to escape this dark tower." He bravely said... we saw how Jay smile and in one snap of his finger a dark smoke grab us. Until everything just become dark.

As the darkness enveloped us, I could feel fear gnawing at the edges of my resolve. But I pushed it aside, focusing on the task ahead. Whatever nightmares awaited us, I knew we had to face them head-on if we were to have any hope of escaping the clutches of the dark tower.

Suddenly, the darkness parted, revealing a scene from my deepest fears. It was as if the tower had plucked the darkest corners of my mind and brought them to life before my eyes...

"You're ugly , a nobody like you should be ashame of yourself." Someone said that me me close my eyes because i remember this time so clearly.

"We don't want to be friend with ugly girl like you." They all said before they start throwing foods at me that made me run.

Suddenly the scene changes.. now I can see my self facing Ni-ki but his eye that was looking at me is emotionless...his sword is on my neck.

"You played everything very well.... you are the one who made my life miserable because of your story now i will end you with my own hand." He said before I swung his sword.

"Sorry...i didn't mean to turn you into this." That's the only word I said before I close my eyes...