Chapter One-Gravity Falls

-Third Person POV-

Y/N was asleep on a bus, somehow. The bus drove over a bump, causing her unconscious body to fall over and off of her seat, jolting her awake. After waking she sat up off the floor of the bus and got back in her seat. She was excited to finally get to the big city for a job, but also stressed. She must have been REALLY tired to be able to fall asleep on a bus. With a sigh Y/N looks out the window and sees a pine tree forest. There are no forests in the city! Right?

"Hey, where are we right now?" She asked the bus driver

"We're almost at Gravity Falls." He responded dryly.

Oh come on, the one time Y/N fell asleep on a bus, she missed her stop! Why does this happen? With a sigh she props her head against her hand and stares out the window, thinking about mistakes she made in fifth grade. Her brain wanderers as she stares out the window mindlessly. After a few minutes the bus stopped with the tires squeaking against the road pavement.

"Last stop, Gravity Falls." The bus driver said in the same dry voice.

Y/N got off the bus before it drove away, leaving her in an unfamiliar town she has never heard of. She might as well just wait for the next bus and get to where she was actually going. After rummaging through her pockets for a moment, she pulled out her wallet to check if she had enough money for another ride.

"Twelve dollars. That should be enough."

Just as Y/N was about to put her wallet away, a bird dove down and snatched it right out of her hands.

She yelled after the bird, irritated and mad. "Hey! You feathered nuisance! Get back here!"

She began to run after it, she was not about to let a bird rob her! How would she get back to the city without money? She muttered curses under her breath as she chased the bird into the woods, but while watching it, she tripped on her own feet and face planted into the dirt.

"Oh, come on!"

She looked up only in time to see the bird fly over the tree canopy, leaving Y/N without her wallet and with a dirt covered face.

"I AM GOING TO- Oh for the love of- IM GOING TO FIND YOU BIRD! AND IM GOING TO PULL ALL OF YOUR FEATHERS OIT ONE BY ONE!"

With a groan of annoyance she dusts herself off and gets up off the ground. After looking around she realizes that she is in the middle of nowhere. Great, not only did she get off at the wrong stop, but she also got robbed by a bird, and now she's lost! Surely this day can't get any worse. 

After standing there angrily for a few seconds, Y/N begins walking back along the path she thinks she took while chasing the bird. After what felt like a forever and a half of walking she ended up, drumroll please...

Nowhere!

The day has officially gotten worse. 

After another few minutes of mindlessly wandering she heard something. By straining her ears, she tried to hear what it was and where it was coming from. The noise got close enough for her to recognize that it's people speaking.

"Come on Dipper! I saw something over here! I'm telling you!" A cheerful voice said.

"Mabel, are you sure it wasn't just a squirrel or something? Or a gnome?" Another voice says, this one less energetic than the other.