Chapter Six-Reality is a Weapon

The re-opening of Mystery Shack was nearing. Everyone was happy and Gideon wasn't causing anymore problems. At least, that's what the pines family thought. For Y/N however, things weren't going as well.

"I HOPE YOU FALL DOWN A HOLE AND DIE!" Y/N yelled at her illusion, which was fading away. She had been practicing in her mindscape in her sleep, but hasn't made a ton of progress.

"Why can't I make my bigger illusions last longer?!?"

She focused again, and made a large illusion of a meteor falling from orbit appear. It faded away before it even hit the ground.

"Oh come on!" She cursed before slumping to the ground. "Why am I so bad at this?"

As expected, there is no answer. Bill did not visit Y/N since the twins defeated Gideon, and because of this Y/N hadn't learned any new magic. She was still trying to make the best of it however, practicing every night in her dreams.

She was getting sick of no progress.

"Y/N? Y/N, wake up!"

Y/N opened her eyes to see Mabel standing over her. "Come on Y/N! It's time for the grand re-opening!"

"Ok, just let me get ready."

Mabel sped down the stairs while Y/N grabbed her backpack and opened it, only to discover there is no more clothing inside.

"Dang it! Mabel! Can I borrow some of your clothes?" Y/N yelled down the stairs. Mabel peeked back in the room.

"Oh. My. Gosh. Are you saying that I can give you a MAKEOVER?!?"

"No, no that's not what I-"

"Come on!" Mabel dragged Y/N along with her and began to hold up skirts, sweaters, and pants. "Hmm. It all looks good but it needs a kind of... Kapow to it. Oh, I know!"

Mabel runs over and pulls out a box of handmade bead bracelets. She takes out a cluster of three bracelets made of cheap gold beads. "This gives the whole thing a kaboom pow!"

"Ok?"

"I'll leave you to change!" She ran down the stairs again. "Oh, and feel free to keep it! Those are too big for me anyway!"

Y/N puts on a white sweater and plain black pants. She grabs a toothbrush and a hair brush out of her backpack and brushes her hair and teeth. She then speeds down the stairs and finds the twins and Stan out upside talking to two men in black suits. They seem to be in the middle of a conversation.

"Mysterious activity? In the Mystery Shack? You gotta be joking!" Stan says.

"I assure you I am not. I was born with a rare disorder that makes me physically incapable of experiencing humor." One of the men says.

"What's going on?" Y/N asks. Everyone turns to her. "Oh uh... Sorry for interrupting? Oh nevermind, I'm leaving." Y/N attempts to walk past the men in suits, but they stop her.

"Apologies young lady, but as far as we know you might be the cause of the activity. No one leaves yet."

"Did you say Mysterious activity? Are you guys investigating the mysteries of this town?" Dipper asks.